Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
- Core administration/escalation support for messaging services, focused mainly on Cisco IronPort and Microsoft EOP/ATP in a globally distributed O365 cloud environment
- Working with other engineers and Operations staff to test, implement and transition new services, or upgrades to existing core email security services, focused on Cisco IronPort, Exchange and the O365 space
- Incident and problem management, ongoing operational excellence of environments, infrastructure consolidation/expansion, and release/patch management, including developing/carrying out production support procedures including business continuity and disaster recovery procedures
- Proactively anticipates service issues before they occur and able to make recommendations around resolution.
- Taking part in projects as a subject matter expert or as a representative of the Operations team leadership as needed
- Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Experience with Internet gateways and message filtering/ system hygiene
- Experience with providing support for Exchange Online email environments
- Experience with providing support for email security/hygiene-related issues
- Understanding and experience with complex globally distributed email environments
- Understanding and experience with internet email protocols and email routing concepts
- Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skillsExperience with Cisco IronPort and Advanced Malware Protection (AMP)
- Experience with Exchange Online Protection/Advanced Threat Protection (EOP/ATP)
- Experience with Exchange Online (Office 365)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 or above in large enterprises
- Understanding email authentication and authentication mechanisms such as DMARC, DKIM and SPF
- Windows and Exchange PowerShell scripting skills
- Experience with Outlook Client and OWA.
- Experience with group management products
- User account management and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Itunes and Outllok@Mobile support
- Mobility Email Active Sync and O365 emails sync to cloud knowledge
Extent of Travel
5% - 10%
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Education: MSc Degree or BSc Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent degree
- 3+ years of practical experience with configuration/deployment/support of Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange 2010 / 2013
- Cisco IronPort and Microsoft EOP/ATP in a globally distributed O365 cloud environment
- Programming / Scripting knowledge a plus - Wise Studio, AutoIt, VBscript, PowerShell, XML, CMD/Batch files
- Interpersonal Relationships: Skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner, including the ability to build and maintain critical networks and collaborative relationships
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively and in a succinct manner including mid-to-high level divisional management, subject matter experts, vendors, and stakeholders across the enterprise
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to follow through.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to follow-through on projects with minimal supervision.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: