Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Reporting to the Medical Director (MD) for Sleep, the Medical Science Liaison is responsible for the implementation of the local affiliates' Medical Plan and tactics that support the successful commercialization of in-market and future Jazz Pharma products.
This is a field-based, non-promotional role. The incumbent will be the medical and scientific expert for the therapy area. The main areas of responsibility include responding reactively to unsolicited requests for information from healthcare professionals, building collaborative relationships with opinion leaders and facilitating the exchange of unbiased scientific information between the medical community and the company through best in class medical education.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks including but not limited to GCP, IFPMA and local regulations as well as Jazz Pharmaceuticals Policies and Healthcare compliance procedures.
Provision of Medical Information
- Provides high quality, balanced and scientific Medical Information to both internal and external customers on request and in a timely manner
- Delivers best in class, scientific, educational meetings executed in accordance with Jazz and local regulatory and legal frameworks
- Provides scientific information to ensure appropriate positioning of Jazz Pharmaceuticals medicines within relevant national and local protocols, guidelines and formularies in order to ensure appropriate access
Positions self as Scientific Expert
- Maintains an up to date and high level knowledge of the therapy area and Jazz products
- Supports development of Jazz Pharmaceuticals positioning as the scientific authority in Sleep medicine
- Attends appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments and to support Regional and National KOL activities
- Provides Medical guidance and governance for all Jazz Pharmaceuticals Sleep therapeutic areas
- Acquires a broad understanding of local and national protocols of clinical practice
Supports company-sponsored and Investigator Initiated Research
- Supports the local implementation of Jazz Pharmaceuticals sponsored studies and projects.
- Responds to requests for Investigator Initiated Research grants in accordance with Jazz standard operating procedures
- Supports the submission and review of Investigator Initiated Research proposals
- Ensures support of the life cycle management of all Sleep products
Develop External Relationships
- Develops influential relationships with National and Local Key Opinion Leaders, leading to a productive two-way exchange of scientific information and opinion.
- Supports national KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information
- Develops and maintain a national and regional database of key strategic contacts for each relevant product and disease area
Medical Affairs Planning
- Contributes to the development of country Medical Plan and provides input into local strategies and tactics
- Manages relevant budget to enable execution of Medical Plan
- Works in a collaborative manner with cross-functional colleagues to ensure a Key Account Management approach
Responsible for maintaining minimum Company standards
- Adheres to the relevant national and local Codes of Practice
- Behaves ethically and with integrity at all times
- Acts as an ambassador for Jazz Pharmaceuticals following company mission and values
- Keeps own written development plan and implement
- Prepares timely reporting according to the company needs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to critically analyse complex data
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong inter-personal relationship building skills/collaboration and teamwork
- Knowledge of Specialty Sleep market in the UK
- Excellent command of spoken English
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Scientific Graduate with a higher qualification e.g. PhD, Pharm D, MSc etc.)
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of "normal" hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.