Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The primary responsibility of the National Account Executive (NAE) is to develop and implement strategy and tactics for key payer accounts. The NAE will position our products for optimal access and usage within preferred market segments to drive growth and market share. This individual will have complete business ownership for assigned national and regional accounts and facilitate access and reimbursement for our products across multiple channels (commercial, Medicare and Medicaid); develop deep customer knowledge and bring forward knowledge, insights and new business opportunities. The NAE is the single point of contact with internal customers and external vendors/ consultants to gain and protect access; and drive growth of existing products as well as launch and maximize potential for future product offerings.
Develop, maintain, and enhance business relationships with assigned payer accounts to ensure formulary access and policy coverage that accomplishes company objectives for all products. This includes a primary focus on payer pharmacy relations and contracts; also includes ability to build relationships outside of pharmacy to obtain payer insights/knowledge and identify potential opportunities
- Serves as a primary point/liaison between DSI and Managed Markets National/Regional Account customer (i.e. clinical, medical, provider relations, marketing, contracting and other departments).Develops a comprehensive business plan which includes objectives, goals and tactics.Maintains an accurate account profile of all key customer contacts and an overall profile of the account including; competition, healthcare reform focus/new business and products in the market
- Perform detailed business and account planning and analysis to assess profitability and desirability of potential customers before entering into contractual relationships.
- Demonstrate product value to key national accounts in order to secure DSI product preference and maintain/grow access to drive sustained by positioning products based on value, relieving pressure on rebates/price.Model corporate value through the use of non-branded material to engage the customer and meet existing needs.Mentor, train and consult with internal colleagues to drive awareness and execute the payer plan. Partner with HOL team to engage customers with HEOR data to support value proposition and identify value based concepts.
- Monitor the landscape and master the knowledge of oncology reimbursement.Build access and coverage for oncology products through policies, pathways and guidelines with payer customers. Negotiate mutually beneficial corporate contracts for assigned payer accounts to maximize business opportunities, ensure reimbursement and profitability of DSI portfolio.
- Understand the customer business needs and develop value proposition that meets the need of DSI and the client.Serves as an expert on the client or consultant to internal stakeholders.
Partner with Oncology Account Managers, Sales Leadership and Marketing to ensure proper and effective implementation of all company and customer initiatives. Communicate and collaborate effectively in the CARE Team model to support payer knowledge and product access/coverage opportunities.
- Leads cross-functional teams and other assigned resources to develop and deliver National Account business plans.
- Acts as a product and Account Management expert, providing advice and guidance as required to other business leaders.
- Collaborate with CARE Team members to share relevant reimbursement coverage among payer landscape and ensure proper pull through and execution in key markets.
Monitor and analyze account utilization and market share data for DSI products relative to competitors and develop tactics to enhance sales. Develop strategic revenue access programs for national implementation. Use of analytic tools as well as market insight tools to drive strategy and tactics.
- Track performance of existing initiatives and make sound business decisions to maximize ROI. Collaborate with other NAMs to share best practices and address new market issues that Payer Account customers are responding to as a result of Health Care Reform.
- Proactively identifies critical risk areas and develops mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate and manage the entire process for assigned key payer accounts at various stages of development and growth.Collaborate with MM Payer Mkt/Pull Through team to manage pull through initiatives to increase utilization of DSI products.
Partner with contract strategy team to conduct financial modeling that supports sound business cases and develop appropriate PCSC requests in conjunction with contracting managers to support offers and business cases.
Attend national, regional sales meetings to deliver Managed Markets strategy overview, access and training. Attend National and/or regional conferences and conventions to meet with Payer Account customers where they are presenting, displaying or attending to gain market knowledge and insights.Develops and maintains contacts within the industry to provide information, remain abreast of competitors' activities, and/or gather information on specific laws or legislation.
Perform routine administrative duties and special assignments properly and on a timely basis while maintaining compliance with all policies and procedures. Use of Veeva to drive contacts; customer knowledge and provide continuity of information flow for replacement National Account Manager.
Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years pharmaceutical experience. Strongly prefer candidates who have a minimum of 3 years account management experience or a combined minimum 5 years account management and/or sales management experience. Payer Market Knowledge experience in oncology is strongly preferred.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.