About the Department
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare provider, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes.
Builds relationships, and differentiates Novo Nordisk products in the marketplace, with targeted accounts that influence patient access and care. Targets include a range of influential stakeholders and decision makers, including but not limited to: National Payers/ Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBMs) and other Customers, as defined by the role. Account activities include, but are not limited to, formulary placement/consideration for Novo Nordisk products, integrating overall NNI brand and corporate awareness across Customer organizations.
This position reports into a Director or Senior Director within the National Account Market Access Teams. Internally, this position has the responsibility of informing all appropriate NNI personnel of any access changes or updates in account status within targeted accounts, which may impact sales and marketing activities or other efforts across the organization. Key collaboration partners include the entire Market Access & Public Affairs Team, PCOR (Pricing, Contracting, Operations and Reimbursement), Marketing, Commercial Sales, Medical Affairs, Legal & Compliance and Human Resources.
External relationships include Customers as outlined in the Purpose of this Job Description. This role also develops productive relationships and maintains contact with key account personnel, including C-suite executives and department heads. Additionally, this role maintains relationships with other associations, organizations, and patient support partners.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of targeted disease states and their impact on patients, institutions, payers, healthcare providers and accounts. Can discuss their placement in the treatment continuum as well as appropriate utilization and treatment guidelines
- Proactively leverages detailed knowledge of all applicable NNI products, and relevant competitor products, and is able to position and differentiate NNI products while aligning with customer and patient needs and goals
- Understands and effectively communicates appropriate clinical data to peers, stakeholders, influencers and customer decision makers
- Analyzes and understands market dynamics in the evolving healthcare and regulatory environment and uses approved information to anticipate and communicate the impact of changes on the market with internal/external stakeholders
- Applies a broad and comprehensive understanding of the inter-connectivity of business segments/channels within account(s) to identify business opportunities
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and application of NNI strategy, objectives and compliance guidelines in the development of business plans
- Utilizes financial and business acumen to negotiate contract terms and conditions in a mutually beneficial and compliant manner
- Delivers impactful and compliant presentations tailored to the audience and influence key external decision makers and influencers
- Identifies and builds a broad network of key stakeholders and decision makers at all levels, including C-suite, within customer account(s) in order to develop and sustain impactful business-relevant relationships
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to exchange information, provide updates on account programs and initiatives, develops and executes business plans and ensures alignment with internal teams
- Forms strong partnerships with the Regional Account Management Team, Strategy and Innovation, Sales, Brand, PCOR, etc. to ensure an aligned and seamless approach to achieving business objectives with Customers
- Participates in industry meetings, exhibits and conventions, as appropriate, to engage with customer base and strengthen relationships
- Continually assesses contract performance and demonstrates a strong understanding of pricing implications and downstream impact of the evolving public policy, government, regulatory landscape and other relevant trends
- Identifies and prioritizes business opportunities based on understanding of customers and data within assigned account(s) and in alignment with market access, brand and contracting strategies
- Monitors and evaluates account(s), key markets/clients, and business plan performance based on established qualitative and quantitative measurements
- Ensures timely and compliant administrative reporting in the form of bi-monthly expense reports and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system usage, as specified
50-75% overnight travel required. Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records.
- A Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree in business-relevant field preferred
- Previous experience as a people manager preferred
- At least 7 years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience required, 5 of which were in a commercial or sales-related function
- A Minimum of 2 years successful account management experience within the healthcare market; relevant Novo Nordisk experience may be substituted, where appropriate
- Multiple channel and customer experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver effective customer presentations
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59766BR
Job Category: Market Access