Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Position Summary and Core Responsibilities:
This position is overseeing and supporting North America medical affairs activities related to Sunosi. This is an expert scientific and medical leadership position that develops and maintains non-promotional, evidence-based, transparent and balanced scientific and educational programs and resources in support of Sunosi and the relevant disease states of interest.
This position will be managing an Associate Director who will be providing additional support for the execution of strategic initiatives, contributing to Medical and Promotional review, and pulling through the Medical Strategy in collaboration with other cross-functional partners.
Other Specific Functions or Duties:
- This position is engaged in cross-functional partnership and provides Medical Affairs support to achieve numerous business goals by:
- Serving as the medical voice within the regional brand team leveraging Medical insights to support and inform brand strategy,
- Working with commercial partners to support Market Access, Marketing activities (speaker's bureau, advisory boards, etc.), sales training, sales leadership,
- Supporting Marketing by providing Medical oversight of promotional speaker training and live Satellite Broadcasts,
- Serving as medical authority for review and approval of responses to unsolicited requests for medical information regarding Sunosi,
- Identifying and executing Regional post-marketing studies to address unmet needs,
- As needed, provide regional Medical perspective for product labeling and pharmacovigilance.
- This position is part of the Neuroscience Medical Affairs leadership by:
- Leading and coordinating Medical Affairs Functional Leads (MSL Director, Independent Medical Education, Medical Information, etc.) to inform and execute Medical Strategy,
- Developing and executing a Regional Medical Strategy that aligns with Global Medical Strategy as well as Regional Brand Strategy,
- Collaborating with the North America Regional Medical Director, the Global Medical Director, the MSL Director, and Global Scientific Affairs Leadership to ensure execution of key initiatives,
- Ensuring development and delivery of External Medical materials in alignment with Medical Strategy and HCP needs,
- Ensuring training and ongoing expertise of Neuroscience Medical Affairs Department
- Serving as Regional Medical representative for Investigator Sponsored Trial (IST) review, approval, and monitoring,
- Effectively managing and developing direct reports,
- Collaborating with Sr. Director of Publications to support solriamfetol publication planning.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience, required
- Clinical experience in Pulmonology, required; Neurology experience, preferred
- Experience designing a medical strategy, required
- Expertise in the review, analysis and interpretation of clinical-medical safety and efficacy trial data, including adverse and serious adverse events, and clinical laboratory data
- Experience as a Medical representative within a brand team
- Experience working with marketed products early in their life cycle
- Excellent presentation skills and demonstrated credibility within the medical community
- Outstanding writing skills
- Experience working in in a cross-functional team environment and leading a team of functional experts
- Experience managing direct reports, preferred
- Track record of creativity, high performance, and demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-pace work environment
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses:
- Requires an advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)
Ability to Travel:
- 30-40% domestic travel requirements
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.