Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Oncology Account Manager is responsible for direct promotion of Jazz Pharmaceuticals' products, and the development and management of business relationships with therapeutic specialists within an assigned geographical territory. The Oncology Account Manager (OAM) is an integral part of the commercial team that includes all personnel dedicated to the sales and marketing functions. The Oncology Account Manager will implement Jazz Pharmaceuticals' marketing strategies and marketing tactics to achieve short-term and long-term objectives. This position reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager.
The Oncology Account Manager will:
- Primarily focus efforts in the Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) marketplace with some overlap into the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) market.
- Educate physicians and other health care professionals about Jazz Pharmaceuticals product(s), providing the most current information about the approved indications for the company's products
- Achieve sales forecasts and targets
- Participate in organizing and facilitating meetings for the exchange of medical and product information in line with the company's policies, regulatory and legal requirements
- Represent company at trade shows, attend company meetings, training programs and functions as needed
- Analyze the OAM's designated territory to understand prescribing and purchasing decision processes and any marked differences from national trends
- Work closely with Technical Staff to maintain referral base and to increase product revenue
- Recognize changes in the work environment develop and implement alternate plans to achieve objectives, modify call plan/business plan activities accordingly
- Identify key physicians, health care providers and organizations within assigned territory
- Prepare a business plan and area tactical plan for the OAM's assigned territory
- Implement approved plans within established time lines
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with physicians and other health care professionals identified in business plans
- Support company sales strategy and contribute in fostering a team environment
- Present a positive and professional image of Jazz Pharmaceuticals, and ensure activities are consistent with and enhance the company's ethical pharmaceutical marketing policies and procedures
- Special projects as assigned
- Comply with all legal/regulatory guidelines of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, OIG guidelines, and all other applicable federal and state regulations
- Perform all activities within allocated budget
- Four year college/university degree or equivalent is required
- Post-graduate business school study, training is preferred
- A minimum of five years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- At least three years of specialty sales experience in oncology preferred
- Hematology sales experience is preferred
- Key Account knowledge is preferred
- Strong knowledge of product(s); competitor product(s); and applicable disease states desired
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, and strong planning and organizational skills are required
- Self-motivation and ability to excel in a team environment
- Ability to travel to meet territorial requirements
Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
- Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.