Requisition ID: DIR027951
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
Customer Team Leader
Merck Oncology is committed to improving the lives of patients with cancer and our multi-billion-dollar immunotherapy program has helped thousands of patients in just a few short years. As we continue to grow and define the Oncology market of the future, we are looking for dynamic, entrepreneurial leaders who thrive in a team environment and are driven to succeed! The Customer Team Leader plays a critical role in providing coaching and oversight to a number of talented sales professionals (known as Oncology Specialty Representatives) in a positive way that contributes to our growth mindset.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
• Leading a team of Oncology Specialty Representatives (OSR's) to accomplish shared goals and stabile partnerships with key stakeholders
• Coaching representatives, overseeing training, and completing people management processes for OSR's and effectively developing and resourcing his/her team to address customer needs.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following behaviors and attitudes:
• Strong leadership skills with experience leading teams through change and new challenges by applying situational coaching skills and using emotional intelligence
• Self-starter who is comfortable working in and leading a team through ambiguity and the capacity to see 'what can be' for this new organization
• Communicate with courage and candor as we evolve our customer engagement model
• Possess the skills needed to listen to customers and understand their objectives and overall relationship with our broader organization
• Leads by example by modeling flexibility, candor, and a willingness to respond during times of change while maintaining a positive attitude
• Demonstrated account planning and management skills and strong collaboration with extended teams toward common goals
This territory covers Southwest
Selected candidate must reside in district
Overnight Travel: 50%
Travel (%) varies based on candidate's location within the geography.
For all employees, please initiate a discussion with your manager to review your interest in this opportunity and to determine whether or not it is aligned (readiness/availability) with your Employee Development Plan.
- Science, Business or Healthcare Discipline
- Minimum of (5) years experience in Sales, Marketing or Managed Care - Pharmaceutical industry
- Valid Driver's license
- 50% Travel
- Experience selling in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech & Medical Device Industry
- Oncology Sales and/or Sales management experience
- Previous Field Sales Management experience.
- Minimum of (3) years experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations
- Minimum of (2) years experience working in Marketing, Managed Care, or Sales support areas within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Capable of establishing relationships and networks within a customer organization.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Direct Sales Generic ONC
Other Locations: Los Angeles, CA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth