Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Oncology Clinical Educator role provides disease state, REMS, and product safety education and training to key healthcare providers within Oncology clinics, and health care providers (HCPs) in both the hospital and clinic/office setting. The individual will work within a specified region to enhance disease, REMS, and product safety knowledge, coordinate and provide staff training, and enhance proper administration. The Oncology Clinical Educator (OCE) role is a position that is field based and is comprised of nurses working under the general direction of the Regional Director of Clinical Nurse Managers. The OCE is responsible for educating HCPs/clinics with infusion and related education for prescribed DSI products. The OCE serves as the disease state and product safety expert for their assigned territories. The OCE serves as a resource to clinical leaders by identifying disease state, REMS, and product safety educational needs of staff and implements programs to fulfill knowledge gaps. This collaborative approach will serve to provide education and enhanced clinical care. The OCE is bound by the product label for all educational efforts, and in the interaction with non-commercial counterparts. Excellent organizational, creative and analytical problem solving, communication, and presentation and skills are required. This individual must be flexible and adaptable to new and constant changing situations.
This territory currently covers the following states: Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, DC.
Provides education to health care professionals about disease states and REMS and product safety information for specified DSI products in the medical community within an assigned geographical area in accordance with DSI general direction and policy, focused on the assigned targeted segments (i.e: Hematology/Oncology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Hospital Pharmacy, OB/GYN and Cardiology).
- Develops strong, long-term relationships with clinical personnel
- Ensures appropriate and compliant utilization of product and disease state education as it relates to DSI products.
- Executes disease state educational presentations and on label product safety presentations for in-office/in-hospital educational programs to customers that are guided and designed to address clinical knowledge or product gaps.
- Must be able to educate and use multiple approaches to explain complex and difficult material and use experiences to illustrate ideas and facilitate understanding while maintaining the ability to stimulate customer interest.
Collaborates to identify and strategizes on how to best educate customers.
- Develops and executes geographical based strategic and tactical plans to meet targeted customer needs.
- Monitor, collect, and communicate to the Director, Clinical Nurse Manager on customer insights regarding their need for information regarding disease state, REMS and safety information with respect to DSI marketed products.
- Collaborate with managed care counterparts or MSLs to provide ongoing clinical updates that are impacted by reimbursement and/or clinical guidelines.
Identifies and contributes to the development of nursing/HCP specific materials to fulfill customer needs to include, but not limited to, patient educational aids, product reference aids and slide deck content topics.
Ability to travel up to 90% within geography and to required meetings.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's Degree or RN required.
- If RN, must have an active RN License but does not have to hold a license in the state(s) assigned.
- 3+ years in the pharmaceutical industry preferred, ideally Hematology/Oncology, Nephrology, and Gastroenterology or relevant experience. Experience with anemia management strongly preferred and infusion nursing experience highly desired.
The ideal candidate will be a Registered Nurse with previous relevant clinical as well as pharmaceutical industry experience calling on different levels of the health care providers (HCPs) in both the hospital and clinic/office setting.
- Strong clinical expertise and ability to articulate and communicate complex information.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams to coordinate and execute plans and projects.
- Established record of consistent achievement of goals and objectives
- Demonstrated track record of achieving/exceeding responsibilities, goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated track record of, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the nephrology, hematology, gastroenterology, cardiac, or women's health market
- Experience in developing and maintaining key relationships
- Demonstrated customer literacy and the ability to interpret clinical and market data, as well as DSI generated reports Demonstrates expert knowledge in related disease states and the ability to serve as a technical clinical resource to the healthcare professional community.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of FDA regulations on the promotion of pharmaceuticals and the reporting of adverse drug reactions.
- Clinical experience in the targeted therapeutic areas preferred.
- Working knowledge of the targeted geographical area preferred.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and self-presentation skills.
- Identifies opportunities and develops relationships with current and future health care providers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with power point and excel.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.