Requisition ID: DIR027710
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
Oncology Specialty Representative
Merck Oncology is committed to improving the lives of patients with cancer and our multi-billion-dollar immunotherapy program has helped thousands of patients in just a few short years. As we continue to grow and define the Oncology market of the future, we are looking for dynamic, entrepreneurial individuals who thrive in a team environment and are driven to succeed! The Oncology Specialty Representative (OSR) is a key member of our customer facing organization and is responsible for partnering with customers to address identified needs, educating key stakeholders about our leading immunotherapy compound, and communicating our vision to the larger Oncology community.
This territory covers Western MO including: Kansas City, MO; Springfield, MO; Columbia, MO. The selected representative must reside within the territory.
Overnight Travel: minimum of 10%; Travel (%) varies based on candidate's location within the geography
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of how to create a compelling and logical rationale for the value of products and how to contrast, compare, and position Merck brand(s) versus competition using appropriate resources in informed discussions about products with HCP customers - knowing when/how to seek and provide additional information
- Act as primary point of contact for customer. Meet with key customers/personnel to understand practice structure, business model, and key influencers.
- Possess knowledge of cancer staging and possible treatment options and dosing schedules associated with different tumors/diseases, with comprehensive understanding of the impact of those options on the patient. Must understand impact and use of clinical trials in multiple tumor types/therapies, both in impact on promoted products and in practice behavior of the account.
- Ability to analyze and identify trends in a complex buying environment. This includes the multiple channels of drug distribution, Oncology GPO's, wholesalers and specialty pharmacies. Review and evaluate patterns for products purchased and prescribed, outpatient vs in-patient infusion, as part of hospital contract, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to understand complex account interdependencies in order to develop both short- and long-term account plans in conjunction with a wide array of stakeholders, proactively working with the account team and supervisor (known as the Customer Team Leader) to effectively execute the account planShare learnings and best-practices from one customer to help other customers meet their needs.
- Influence beyond their specific geography or product area demonstrate advanced ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer needs from all stakeholders in oncology accounts, using the insights to position Merck Oncology brands and collaborate with customers on a customized strategy.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with extended "in-scope" customer team to ensure a consistent customer experience across Merck's divisions and functional areas; ensure integration with the Key Account Manager, , Nurse Educator, Field Reimbursement Associate, Medicare Account Executive, and other key stakeholders to share key customer learnings and support customer needs.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Minimum (5) years pharmaceutical Sales/Marketing or Health Science industry, or direct Medical/Clinical experience in an oncology setting
- Documented history of strong performance in a sales/marketing or Oncology clinical role
- Valid driver's license
- Travel the amount of time the role requires
- Oncology sales experience with a therapeutic agent
- Clinical oncology experience across multiple solid tumors
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Direct Sales Generic ONC
Other Locations: Springfield, IL, US; Columbia, MO, US
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City