Our Sales team supports our customers by providing clinical information about products, educational information, clinical training programs and resources. We support healthcare providers and healthcare systems meet the goals of the patients in their communities.
Oncology Specialty Representative
Our Company's Oncology is committed to improving the lives of patients with cancer and our multi-billion-dollar immuno-therapy program has helped thousands of patients in just a few short years. As we continue to grow and define the Oncology market of the future, we are looking for dynamic, entrepreneurial individuals who thrive in a team environment and are driven to succeed! The Oncology Specialty Representative (OSR) is a key member of our customer facing organization and is responsible for partnering with customers to address identified needs, educating key stakeholders about our leading immuno-therapy compound, and communicating our vision to the larger Oncology community.
This territory covers: Orlando, Jacksonville, FL. The selected representative must reside within the territory.
Overnight Travel: minimum of 10%; Travel (%) varies based on candidate's location within the geography
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of how to create a compelling and logical rationale for the value of products and how to contrast, compare, and position our company's brand(s) versus competition using appropriate resources in informed discussions about products with Health Care Providers customers "“ knowing when/how to seek and provide additional information
- Act as primary point of contact for customer. Meet with key customers/personnel to understand practice structure, business model, and key influencers.
- Possess knowledge of cancer staging and possible treatment options and dosing schedules associated with different tumors/diseases, with comprehensive understanding of the impact of those options on the patient. Must understand impact and use of clinical trials in multiple tumor types/therapies, both in impact on promoted products and in practice behavior of the account.
- Ability to analyze and identify trends in a complex buying environment. This includes the multiple channels of drug distribution, Oncology GPO's, wholesalers and specialty pharmacies. Review and evaluate patterns for products purchased and prescribed, outpatient vs in-patient infusion, as part of hospital contract, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to understand complex account inter-dependencies in order to develop both short- and long-term account plans in conjunction with a wide array of stakeholders, proactively working with the account team and supervisor (known as the Customer Team Leader) to effectively execute the account planShare learnings and best-practices from one customer to help other customers meet their needs.
- Influence beyond their specific geography or product area demonstrate advanced ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer needs from all stakeholders in oncology accounts, using the insights to position Our Oncology team brands and collaborate with customers on a customized strategy.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with extended "in-scope" customer team to ensure a consistent customer experience across Our Oncology team divisions and functional areas; ensure integration with the Key Account Manager, , Nurse Educator, Field Reimbursement Associate, Medicare Account Executive, and other key stakeholders to share key customer learnings and support customer needs.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Minimum (5) years pharmaceutical Sales/Marketing or Health Science industry, or direct Medical/Clinical experience in an oncology setting
- Documented history of strong performance in a sales/marketing or Oncology clinical role
- Valid driver's license
- Travel the amount of time the role requires
- Oncology sales experience with a therapeutic agent
- Clinical oncology experience across multiple solid tumors
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Remote Work, Telecommuting
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: