Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Oncology Territory Manager is a position that reports to the Regional Oncology Manager and is responsible for attaining territory goals by successfully selling Branded products to the customer base. All requirements with regards to territory management should be accomplished on a timely basis. Develop strong relationships with the customer and become a resource. Communicate with the Regional Oncology Manager on a regular basis and discuss issues and opportunities. Represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
Calls on health care professionals in assigned sales territory and communicates product advantages, features and benefits. Achieves or exceeds sales objectives through promotion of product features and benefits to our key accounts: Key Academic Medical Centers, Hospital Systems/ IDNs, Oncologists, various surgeons, Hematologists, Hospitalist, PCPs/IMs, Nurses and associations, advocacy groups, buying groups, distributors and wholesalers in assigned territory. Builds relationships with our customer base and key opinion leaders by personally visiting them, educating and influencing physicians and healthcare providers to prescribe Daiichi Sankyo promoted products. Communicates products approved indications, advantages, features and benefits in both individual and group settings.
- Analyzes customer needs and interests.
- Complies with applicable laws in providing healthcare providers with accurate information concerning Daiichi Sankyo Products.
- Participates in assigned training and completing outside reading. Keeps abreast of the products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with colleagues.
- Serves as a disease state expert and provides a high level of product expertise and customer service for all accounts.
- Carries out all sales and marketing programs.
- Maintains all equipment and territorial records in the prescribed manner.
- Utilizes sales force automation system and other equipment to enhance impact of sales call and territory management.
- Maintains a current key customer target list, submits regular updates to the customer database and plans calls to meet goals.
- Submits complete reports, on-time, and communicates matters that are relevant to the marketplace, competition and the marketing team to the Regional Oncology Manager.
- Reviews territorial reports with Regional Oncology Manager and learns how to use reports and databases as instruments to achieve assigned goals.
- Notifies the Medical Affairs Department immediately of any product complaints as per SOP 805.21, 'Reporting Adverse Events (AEs) and Product Quality Complaints (PQCs).'
- Notifies the Pharmacovigilance Department immediately of any adverse events as per SOP 805.21, 'Reporting Adverse Events (AEs) and Product Quality Complaints (PQCs).'
- Attends and participates in all required meetings and training programs.
- Maintains frequent correspondence with Regional Oncology Managers and other key partners within the organization.
- Maintains correspondence with co-promotion team members, to manage co-promotion responsibilities.
Relocation benefit is available for qualified candidates, as appropriate.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3 or more years of sales/marketing experience in the pharmaceutical or medical industry required.
- 2 or more years of specialty, rare disease, and/or oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Experience selling in complex environments preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to travel approximately 40% to 60%.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.