Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation & a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension & thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research & development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart & kidney diseases, & other rare diseases.
The Oncology Territory Manager is a position that reports to the Regional Oncology Manager and is responsible for attaining territory goals by successfully selling Branded products to the customer base. All requirements with regards to territory management should be accomplished on a timely basis. Develop strong relationships with the customer and become a resource. Communicate with the Regional Oncology Manager on a regular basis and discuss issues and opportunities. Represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Calls on health care professionals in assigned sales territory & communicates product advantages, features & benefits.
- Achieves or exceeds sales objectives through promotion of product features & benefits to our key accounts: Key Academic Medical Centers, Hospital Systems/ IDNs, Oncologists, various surgeons, Hematologists, Hospitalist, PCPs/IMs, Nurses & associations, advocacy groups, buying groups, distributors & wholesalers in assigned territory.
- Builds relationships with our customer base & key opinion leaders by personally visiting them, educating & influencing physicians & healthcare providers to prescribe Daiichi Sankyo promoted products. Communicates products approved indications, advantages, features & benefits in both individual & group settings.
- Analyzes customer needs & interests. Complies with applicable laws in providing healthcare providers with accurate information concerning Daiichi Sankyo Products & participates in assigned training & completing outside reading. Keeps abreast of the products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, & promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature & consulting with colleagues.
- Serves as a disease state expert & provides a high level of product expertise & customer service for all accounts.
- Carries out all sales & marketing programs.
- Maintains all equipment & territorial records in the prescribed manner.
- Utilizes sales force automation system & other equipment to enhance impact of sales call & territory management.
- Maintains a current key customer target list, submits regular updates to the customer database & plans calls to meet goals.
- Submits complete reports, on-time, & communicates matters that are relevant to the marketplace, competition & the marketing team to the Regional Oncology Manager.
- Reviews territorial reports with Regional Oncology Manager & learns how to use reports & databases as instruments to achieve assigned goals.
- Notifies the Medical Affairs Department immediately of any product complaints as per SOP 805.21, 'Reporting Adverse Events (AEs) & Product Quality Complaints (PQCs).'
- Notifies the Pharmacovigilance Department immediately of any adverse events as per SOP 805.21, 'Reporting Adverse Events (AEs) & Product Quality Complaints (PQCs).'
- Attends & participates in all required meetings & training programs.
- Maintains frequent correspondence with Regional Oncology Managers & other key partners within the organization.
- Maintains correspondence with co-promotion team members, to manage co-promotion responsibilities.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3 or more years of sales/marketing experience in the pharmaceutical or medical industry required.
- 2 or more years of specialty, rare disease, and/or oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Experience selling in complex environments preferred.
- Must be able to travel approximately 40% to 60%.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.