Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
Our Company at West Point, PA Vaccine Manufacturing site has multiple Operations Manager openings across 2nd & 3rd shifts.
As an Operations Manager you will be in a critical position to the organization with direct impact on our Company vision to make a difference in the lives of people globally. In this role you will be a Leader in the production areas that drives the execution of production objectives, while creating an inclusive culture that energizes a Safety First, Quality Always, with a continuous improvement mindset. You will also have the ability to direct, coordinate, and counsel cross-functional collaboration with Quality, Technical Services, Planning, Global Functions and other areas to assure optimal quality and quantity of finished products.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to build or expand your career in Vaccine Manufacturing. As an Operations Manager you will be given the opportunity to challenge and grow your talents through progressive on the job training and development of interpersonal and leadership skills to overcome difficult situations and solve technical problems
- First line supervisor with a team of individual contributor Union production direct reports
- Ensure that Shift(s) objectives are achieved while reliably supplying quality product at a competitive cost consistent with our Company, Regulatory Agency, and State and Local code requirements for quality, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), equal employment opportunity, finances, labor, employee, environment and safety, not in that order
- Tactical and strategic Shift(s) management, including collaboration with indirect staff
- Promote the behaviors and principles that drive continuous improvement
- Typically, coordinates and supervises the daily activities of individual contributors
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Decisions are guided by policies
Education Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Science, Engineering or another technical field
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in a functional area, such as Operations, Management, Quality, Technical Operations, Technology, Engineering, Maintenance, and/or Supply Chain
- Must be willing and able to work on one of the following shifts, 2nd, 3rd or a rotating shift, which may include weekends
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Minimum (2) years’ experience in relevant manufacturing or processing (aseptic/sterile, bulk, solid oral dosage, packaging, etc.)
- Minimum (2) years’ experience in heavily regulated industry (ex; Federal Drug Administration (FDA), military, nuclear and petroleum chemical)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean
- Demonstrated experience of interacting with site, divisional or regulatory audits
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
2nd - Evening, 3rd - Night
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: