IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
In this MI role, you will use both your scientific background and your language expertise to share medical information and receive and document adverse events. You will be required to perform key medical information call center services and review, assess and process safety and product quality information to help optimize the safety profiles of products marketed around the world. You may be in regular communications with our client, patients and HCPs and for some roles, depending on levels of experience, you will be required to lead and provide oversight and could be a subject matter expert/trainer in each therapeutic area.
- Provide phone support to health care professionals and patients, involving receipt and tracking of medical inquiries, adverse events, product quality complaints, and other types of calls as required. This does NOT include commercial sales support except managing medical information requests forwarded by the sales representative on behalf of an HCP.
- Receive, triage, review and process safety data from various sources. This involves performing data entry into tracking and client safety databases, generating follow up queries pertinent to the case, performing quality control, assisting with reconciliation, driving case closure, and performing other safety-related tasks as needed e.g. regulatory reporting
- Receive and document incoming telephone calls, faxes or emails from various sources including investigative sites during regular weekday business working hours.
- Establish and maintain effective team communications i.e. provide regular feedback to the local management team on project metrics, out of scope work challenges/issues and successes.
- Depending on your experience, some roles will require you to provide leadership training and mentoring for less experienced team members of staff, and assist managers with appropriate allocation of resource.
- Build a positive, collaborative team environment with other Lifecycle safety team members
- Participate in training across Lifecycle safety service offerings, participate in working groups as applicable in implementation of new initiatives, identification and implementation of process efficiencies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Excellent professional telephone behavioral skills
- Ability to work flexibly, organize own workload and effectively manage competing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy maintaining consistently high-quality standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Willingness to learn new skills and flexibility to support business needs
- Apply knowledge and expertise, to contribute to and provide solutions to process improvements
- Some roles require Leadership skills to support and train team members (depending on role/experience)
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in a scientific or healthcare discipline (nurse or PharmD) ideally with 1-2 years' similar experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in Lifecycle safety (Pharmacovigilance, Medical Information, Aggregate Reporting, Risk Management etc.) is a distinct asset.
- For lead/SME roles an additional 2 years of pharma industry experience and specific experience related to various Therapeutic areas
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1090960