IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Intermediate Data Systems Operations Specialist
251 Laurier Avenue West
Intermediate Operations Support Analyst
This position is with IQVIA's Privacy Analytics team in Ottawa, Canada. We're a company on the cutting edge of healthcare innovation, working with some of the largest health analytics businesses in the world utilizing heath data to help find cures for today's biggest diseases, including cancer, heart disease and HIV.
Located downtown in the heart of the national capital region, Privacy Analytics is on the cutting edge of data de-identification and re-identification research and we have translated this patented research into an amazing offering of products and services that are enabling researchers to access healthcare data for analysis while ensuring individuals' identities are protected.
If you're ready to contribute to a rapidly growing area helping to improve healthcare and ready for the next stage of your career, then we want to hear from you!
Career Opportunity - Intermediate Operations Support Analyst
Our team is searching for an Intermediate Operations Support Analyst to co-anchor the support team with expertise in data feed management and application support in a Linux environment. You will apply your skills to ensure timely quality deliveries to suppliers and clients for data feed onboarding and production support. This role is critical to our on-going efforts to anonymize IQVIAs clients' health data to promote analytic insight while protecting patient privacy.
- Monitor the IQVIA data feed operations dashboard, identifying issues and managing them to resolution
- Provide L2 and L3 support to Suppliers and Clients and respond to requests within the SLA guidelines
- Document and track customer cases from start to finish ensuring customer expectations are properly managed and that technical issues are resolved to the customer's satisfaction
- Develop and manage automation scripts in a Linux based environment for the purpose of automating processes for the Production data feeds environment
- Setup and onboard Suppliers, Manufacturers and Products leveraging Linux/MySQL/Python/etc.
- Coordinate and assist in development and execution of supplier migrations
- Resolve technical issues and communicate outcomes and actions needed to all stakeholders
- Gather requirements specific to the data feeds workflow and develop detailed specifications and project estimates by identifying phases and elements, as part of data onboarding and migrations.
- Ensure data quality and completeness of weekly data feed collection processes
- Develop solutions by describing requirements in a work-flowchart and/or diagram; studying system capabilities; analyzing alternative solutions; preparing system specifications
- Document new processes, handle exceptions, and investigate issues related to IQVIA Data Feeds
- Attend meetings as required, including data feed onboarding meetings with suppliers and clients
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Must Have: Seasoned experience with Linux including; command line, how processes interact with each other, memory & storage management, and can demonstrate performance and troubleshooting skills in a Linux environment
- Must Have: Seasoned experience with MySQL, Java and scripting knowledge (Perl or Python preferred)
- Excellent people and conflict management skills to interact with cross-functional teams and third parties.
- ELK stack knowledge is considered an asset
- Proficient in English, both verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive and confidential environment
- Ability to escalate issues and present work and explain findings to management as required
- A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a team-oriented environment
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small company environment
- Background in data management solutions and healthcare analytics is a plus.
- Technologist or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information technology or equivalent experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Privacy Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1111456