Requisition ID: MED004246
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The mission of Merck Educational Engagement is to transform the Merck promotional medical education experience to more effectively reach our customers with relevant, trusted information that is delivered consistent with customer preferences.
This is accomplished by helping our customers drive positive health outcomes through dynamic educational engagements relating to the healthcare environment, disease states, and products.
The Merck Educational Engagement Operations U.S. Specialist is responsible for several key duties:
- Participates and informs the tactical planning and execution of U.S. promotional medical education programs known as Merck Medical Forums (MMF). This includes the strategic utilization, planning, and management of U.S speakers and external consultants.
- Recommends the scope, program format, and feasibility of medical education programs to the marketing and field-facing teams.
- Provides end to end, vendor management, and on-site logistical support of speaker preparation meetings and other medical education initiatives for assigned brand(s).
- Collaborates with internal Headquarters functions in support of developing tactical resources for field-facing personnel to ensure implementation excellence.
- Provides expertise and support to plan, design, enable and oversee compliant, customer-focused and strategically aligned medical education activities.
- Works to continuously improve the innovation and effectiveness of Merck Medical Forums (MMF) aligned to achieve the medical education needs of the customer and Merck's business objectives.
- Embraces accountability for ensuring and adhering to all processes, internal policies, pharmaceutical industry standards, and U.S. regulations.
Additional Competencies include:
- Business & Financial Acumen: Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of the strategic focus of medical education in support of the brand and division business objectives.
- Work across Boundaries: Collaborates effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Regulatory, Compliance & Risk Management: Demonstrates and executes duties and responsibilities with a thorough understanding of both the letter and spirit of internal and external policies, laws and regulatory requirements.
- Disease Area & Product Knowledge: Comprehensive understanding of the strategy, competitive landscape, emerging science and disease state for their assigned franchises.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MA/MS/MBA
- Minimum of (3) years of experience in U.S. Market Sales/Training/Education and/or Marketing which can include but is not limited to Field Sales, Field Sales Support, Product Management, Promotion Management, Market Research, or Customer Interfacing role, e.g. Sales, Speaker Liaison, Health Science Consultant, Managed Care, Medical Education, Pharmacy Affairs within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum of (1) year of experience in the development, execution, and/or support of MMF, eMF programs or Consulting Services in the U.S. Market.
- Strong planning, communication, facilitation, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Experience solving complex problems; and uses expertise to identify innovative solutions on how to manage daily processes within compliance and according to local laws and regulations.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with medical/scientific leaders/societies
- Demonstrated ability to manage external vendor partners.
- Project Management
- Understanding of web-based technology capabilities and relationship to other channels
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Medical Affairs Operations
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck