The Packaging Technician provides essential maintenance and technical support to the site’s packaging area. This includes supporting a range of high speed secondary manufacturing equipment as well as the vision and serialisation systems used in the pharmaceutical industry. This role will involve working as part of the Aerie team in the acceptance and qualification of all Aerie’s packaging equipment and playing a key role in building packaging towards commercialisation by developing preventative maintenance (PM) routines. The role also involves completing PMs on time in addition to reacting to machine breakdown to support manufacturing performance. The role also plays a significant role in ensuring all equipment related documentation meets the cGMP standards expected.
· Works with manufacturing and quality colleagues as part of an Operations team whose shared goal is to realise the safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives of the site.
· Prioritises safety and is diligent in the use of all appropriate safety tools and permits when maintaining equipment – champions safe working always.
· Provides maintenance support for equipment that includes shrink wrapping, labelling, cartooning, bundling, serialisation, etc. Can provide basic automation and instrumentation support and liaises with automation/instrumentation specialists when required.
· Uses structured problem solving in the event of equipment failure and documents all equipment interventions as required by the maintenance system.
· Prepare preventative maintenance (PM) routines with other technical colleagues to minimise the risk of machine failure or equipment related deviations.
· Completes PM routines on time and is diligent in the completion and review of maintenance and related documentation required to meet GMP requirements of a sterile manufacturing site.
· Participates in continuous improvement teams with a particular focus in reducing equipment related downtime and stoppages driving towards high OEE performance
· Supports capital projects throughout equipment lifecycle and supports validation activities in Packaging.
· Cover on-Call/Call-Out as required
Aerie Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.