IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward
Patient Services Program Specialist
The Patient Services Program Specialist ensures successful patient interaction and engagement with the nurse ambassador program through operational excellence and issue resolution. This position collaborates with all members of the project team and the customer to ensure program adherence activity is compliant and meets quality and timeline metrics.
- Manage patient services support escalations, collaborating with field, operations and systems teams to investigate, resolve and provide root cause analysis.
- Provide operational and system support for end users of the Veeva CRM system
- Participate in customer project teams providing subject matter expertise on integrating PSOSC systems into new customer systems and initiatives
- Troubleshoot new issue resolution and subsequently document new procedures and program improvements post resolution.
- Aggregate data and analyze reports to identify trends and illogical project data, escalating discrepancies and supporting issue resolution.
- Maintain all project documentation including all service protocols, records and reports according to the scope of work and SOPs.
- Develop and coordinate all information, meetings and communications for assigned project.
- Prepare presentation materials for meetings and project summary data for leadership review.
- Update and maintain internal databases, tracking systems and project plans.
- Provide project management and operational support as directed by stakeholders.
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree and 2 year's relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven success working with or within patient services organizations or other patient health-related, community focused organization providing services to targeted populations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning, time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities in complex, compliance regulated environment.
- Results and detail-oriented approach to work delivery and output.
- Ability to remain flexible with evolving project.
- Fully competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Prior Telephony Platform and CRM experience required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
- Ability to travel
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1089242