- Support all payroll functions and programs impacting IQVIA Canadian employees and serve as a resource for the employee population.
- As part of a self-directed work team, handle production, administration and projects for payroll functions, providing applicable support to benefits, equity and HR functions as needed.
- Serve as a Tier 2 call center resource to resolve payroll, equity, benefits, and payroll system user issues.
- Handle basic earning & deduction payroll system configuration, data audits of confidential employee information, and ad- hoc testing when needed.
- Assist with Payroll system conversions/standardization as requested
- Assist with departmental administrative duties as needed
- Enforce organizational policies, payroll tax legislation requirements on the Federal and Provincial levels, and SOX compliance guidelines.
- Ensure change in procedures are properly documented and communicated across cross-functional teams.
- Provide functional support to payroll related functions, programs and processes that impact IQVIA employees
- Responsible for complete and accurate processing of employee information and all related job information including but not limited to new hire approval and audit, tax and payment election setup, ongoing and one-time earning and deduction processing, EIB loading and reconciling, garnishment/support order processing, Comp payout processing, completing/reconciling/and creating payroll settlement runs.
- Responsible for the accuracy of payroll production as well as collaborating with the accounting and tax groups.
- Support implementation of changes to policies and procedures.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Assist with Special Projects such as Acquisitions, Audits, etc.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Canadian Payroll Processing and Processing Systems
- Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce and/or Workday HCM a plus
- Bi-Lingual (French and English) a plus
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (CPC) certification is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; Strong Excel and Word skills required.
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize own workloads and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability/skill set in the following:
- Fostering Collaboration
- Proactive thinking
- Manage deliverable obligations
- Self-Directed and Team Oriented
- Emotional Intelligence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible during key year-end, year-begin and during project implementations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years Canadian Payroll experience in a large corporation required
- Multi-Province Deductions at Source tax experience
- Multi-legal entity payroll experience
- Complex Payroll transactions/calculations
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.