About the Department
The Diabetes Commercial team leads all US sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk’s robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD) and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes and other chronic or rare diseases. We are looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
To develop and lead sales teams in the execution of sales strategies that increase profitability to maximize sales objectives. Works with Regional Business Director (RBD) to manage, train, develop staff, and prepare regional budget and business plans. This is an entry level District Business Manager (DBM) position.
Reports to the Regional Business Director. Manages a region’s sales force and has direct supervisory responsibility for Diabetes Care Specialists (DCS). Works closely with RBD, peers and the home office to achieve sales objectives and to ensure the development of people. Other relationships include physicians, key accounts, co-promotion partners, associations, field and home office personnel.
- Adhere to the Prescription Drug Marketing Act of 1987 and all related Novo Nordisk policies regarding the judicious use of physician samples and stock items
- Ensure timely and accurate transmission of DCS call data
- Monitor and reinforce the use of the Sales Force Automation System
- Communicate Regional activity of competitive products through timely submission of monthly highlight reports as directed
- Develop and monitor performance against regional budgets
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of administrative requirements
- Establish and oversee regional implementation and monitor adherence to administrative policies and procedures
- Evaluate appropriate use of regional resources to ensure attainment of profitability goals
- Review and audit expense reports
- Continuously improve the knowledge of Novo Nordisk products, competitive products, and management skills through ongoing home study and participation in company sponsored/approved training programs
- Execute regional level account targeting strategy in business unit to fulfill regional account targeting strategy requirements
- Manage business unit customer needs assessment. Apply assessment frameworks against accounts in region by overseeing DCS account assessment activities. Identify program/service requirements for addressing needs. Work with the Vice President (VP) Diabetes Sales, Field Sales, Regional Directors and appropriate home office management to feed requirements into program development (contracting, marketing programs)
- Manage regional resource allocation
- Monitor performance against strategic account management objectives/directives
- Monitor regional program/initiative effectiveness
- Oversee regional account relationship development/management. Manage critical regional account relationships and set account relationship development objectives for regional staff
- Work to develop a full understanding of the content and then execute the regional business plan to achieve the fulfillment of Plan objectives/requirements. This includes delivery-of-care system delineation, account targeting, needs assessment, and program implementation
- Ensure appropriate level of coordination to attain regional business plan objectives
- Ensure contractual requirements are met for the region (# of physician calls per day)
- Gain an understanding of regional level coordination between field resources, intra-organization resources and inter-organizational resources. Work with RBD to incorporate district
- Work with RBD, DBMs, home office and Clinical Support Operations (CSO) counterparts to gain insight into programs and initiatives
Driver must maintain a valid driver’s license. Must be in good standing by not exceeding the Novo Nordisk points threshold assigned based on review of Motor Vehicle Records.
Development of People
Ensure that reporting personnel have 3P forms with annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business, and that interim reviews are held so that their work is focused on those priorities, and they understand their level of accountability for results and the measurement process. Ensure that the individual development plan (IDP) forms include completed learning and aspiration plans and are in place for all reporting personnel to enable the achievement of goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility. Manage the application and communication of all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way.
- 0-2 years previous supervisory experience preferred
- A bachelor's degree required from college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the U.S.
- Department of Education - major in Business or Marketing preferred
- At least 5 years of progressive pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience required
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.