IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Responsible for achieving sales objectives by effectively implementing marketing strategies and sales plans in assigned territory/territories. Responsible for providing current, accurate and meaningful product information to physicians/customers, for the primary purpose of selling the customer on Supernus products. Accountable for maintaining compliance with all policies that govern sales activity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet all quarterly sales objectives for Supernus products within designated territory.
- Implement marketing and sales strategies as directed by Supernus leadership
- Participate in off-site sales meetings and training programs as required
- Demonstrate mastery of all selling skills as outlined in the initial training program and subsequent Plan of Action (P.O.A.) meetings
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of Supernus and competitive products
- Demonstrate effective interaction with all IQVIA and Supernus company personnel
- Maintain up-to-date call records for physicians and other key customers
- Follow IQVIA and Supernus policies for distribution of marketing material and samples
- Develop and maintain a physician universe and territory management plan designed for efficient coverage/call frequency on high volume physicians and other key customers
- Assist with special projects as assigned by management (e.g. managed care pull-through programs, pre-launch initiatives, customer support outside of designated territory/territories, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a positive business climate for IQVIA and Supernus
- Read and follow the IQVIA, and where applicable, Supernus company policies and procedures
- Submit reports and paperwork accurately and on time
- Maintain a professional, business-like appearance at all times
Education, Experience, & Other Requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from a four-year accredited college or university
- 2+ years of outside sales experience required
- 1-3 years of pharmaceutical or medical sales required (neurology/CNS experience is preferred)
- Previous Business-to-Business Sales experience required
- Travel within territory, and to/from meetings/trainings, required
- Must live near the center of territory or be willing to relocate to it
- Must hold a valid driver's license
- Must produce documented sales results and examples of awards/achievements
- Working experience during college preferred
- May need to work evenings and weekends as needed (conferences, programs, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, & Core Competencies:
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint (Microsoft office).
- Must exercise logic and common sense when confronted by varying circumstance or conditions not covered by established practices or procedures.
- Drive to consistently go above and beyond
- Teamwork & collaboration
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.