This position will be located at Beaumont Army Medical Center, Fort Bliss, TX.
This is an employed civilian Physician ( Anesthesiologist) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, up to 26 days paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit, CME opportunities, and a first-class health and retirement benefit package. We are seeking ordinary people with extraordinary hearts to care for the men and women who wear and have worn the uniform and their families.
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
- Participate in the handling of other catastrophic problems where the skills of an anesthesiologist are also applicable, e.g., drug overdoses, cardiac arrest, and respiratory problems.
- Implement therapeutic anesthesia based interventional pain management interventions for specific conditions when appropriate.
- Interpret and correlate laboratory, radiologic and diagnostic procedures and interpret and correlate subjective and objective data to formulate a differential diagnoses to establish a working diagnosis.
- Administer anesthesia and manage the medical care of patients before, during, and after surgery.
- Supervisory positions will supervise the administration of anesthesia by nurse anesthetist to include their performance; administer anesthesia to patients whose condition poses a particular anesthetic difficulty.
- Supervisory positions will provide pain relief and maintenance, or restoration, of a stable condition during and immediately following an operation, or an obstetric, therapeutic, or diagnostic procedure.
- Supervisory positions will diagnose and treat acute, long standing, and cancer pain problems and diagnose and treat patients with critical illnesses or severe injuries.
Occasional travel - Business Travel may be required.
US Citizenship required
Must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.