This position is located in the Emergency Medicine Department at the William Beaumont Amy Medical Center, El Paso, TX.
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized.
Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
This is a full-time (Emergency Medicine) position that affords job security, a competitive salary, bonuses, moving expenses, full malpractice coverage, up to 26 days paid vacation, 10 days paid Federal Holidays, a sick leave benefit, 401K, CME opportunities, a first-class health and retirement benefit package.
- Provide patient care to patients in the Emergency Department.
- Order laboratory, x-ray and other diagnostic tests.
- Diagnose and treat surgical disorders including lifesaving emergency cardiac surgery and lessor procedures.
- Supervisory positions will assist in providing administrative and technical assistance to all physicians, nurses, physician assistants, patient care specialists, receptionists and other department personnel.
- Supervisory positions will identify developmental and training needs of employees; directs the Departments continuing education program.
Occasional travel - Business Travel may be required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
• If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
• Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
• Must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or a territory of the U.S.
• All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification. Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
Residency Training for GP-14 Position : Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Emergency Medicine) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 4 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.
Residency Training for GP-15 Position: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Emergency Medicine) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 5 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.