Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Graduate Student Intern will join Preformulation Department of the Formulation Research Group in Vancouver, BC, under the supervision of a Preformulation Scientist. The internship will provide the opportunity to further develop skills, be exposed to new ideas and way of working, and apply graduate research training to solve practical drug delivery problems. The period of the graduate student internship is 4-8 months.
Qualifications and Experience
- Enrolled in a Master or Ph.D. degree program in a university or graduate school at the time of application and during the internship.
- Completion of the comprehensive examination is preferred.
- Completion within the next 12-18 months of a Master Degree or Ph.D. in the areas of Biochemistry, Pharmaceuticals Sciences, Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Willing to contribute to and work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to organize work and set appropriate priorities.
- Certification to work with radioisotopes is preferred.
- Knowledge of the safe handling of biological and chemical samples.
- Desire for a career in the pharmaceutical industry and/or a strong interest in the field of drug development.
- Polymer and particle characterization.
The Applicant must be able to reside in Vancouver for 4-8 months starting May, 2020 and obtain any necessary permission from their academic institution.
This position will remain open until filled; preferred start date is May 1st, 2020.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.