Requisition ID: POS000284
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Be a part of the legacy: MRL Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in Merck Research Labs Chemical Biology, Chemoproteomics group based in Boston, MA, you will work with a highly collaborative team of scientists to study neoantigen presentation on the surface of cancer cells and tissues. This work will enable the understanding of mechanisms to increase cancer cell antigen presentation and detection of these antigens.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting in vitro cell culture experiments including DNA transfections and a variety of cellular readouts.
- Performing protein immunoprecipitations coupled with LC-MS/MS analysis to understand interaction partners.
- Collaboration with Merck and external scientists to design and prosecute immunological experiments to validate findings.
- Data interpretation, manuscript preparation, publication and presentation of results.
- Contribute to a safe and compliant work environment.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- A PhD with less than (3) years of postdoctoral experience OR graduating with a PhD by summer of 2019.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Culturing immortalized cell lines.
- Plasmid transfections, western blotting, basic biochemical and cell biology techniques.
- Experience performing protein co-IP.
- Experience collaborating closely with scientists from different labs and disciplines.
- Must be an independent and self-motivated scientist.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Familiarity with design of protein mass spectrometry experiments.
- Background in oncology or immunology.
- Experience with transfecting primary cell cultures.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Post-Doctoral Fellow
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston