Be a part of the legacy: Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
Our Research Laboratories’ Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
What You'll Be Doing:
We are seeking a creative and highly motivated individual with a passion for understanding microbe, immune, and tumor cell interactions. As a postdoctoral fellow in our Research Labs' Discovery Oncology group based in Boston, MA, you will work to design, develop and validate in vivo tumor models and in vitro assays to elucidate a mechanism by which intestinal microbes drive resistance to cancer immunotherapy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Employing in vivo mouse models to model microbial-driven resistance to tumor immunotherapy.
- Performing ex vivo/in vitro experiments using a variety of techniques; e.g. isolation and culture of intestinal tissue, RNA sequencing, and anaerobic microbial culture.
- Collaborating with our company and external scientists conducting in vivo tumor model studies and in vitro assays.
- Data interpretation, manuscript preparation, publication and presentation of results.
- Contribute to a safe and compliant laboratory work environment.
What You Bring:
- Candidates must currently hold a PhD OR receive a PhD by fall. Preferred degree areas include immunology, microbiology, biochemistry, biology, cell biology, or a closely related field.
- Proficiency in ex vivo/in vitro assays to test epithelial, myeloid and T cell functions
- Ability to conceive, design, execute and communicate complex experiments
- Strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Must be a highly motivated, organized, and independent scientist, and be able to work well in a team
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in tumor immunology/cancer immunotherapy
- Knowledge of anaerobic microbial culture
- Experience with multiparameter flow cytometry of immune cells
- Molecular biology, bioinformatics, genomics experience
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: