Requisition ID: POS000272
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Be a part of the legacy: MRL Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program
The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program aims to be a best-in-industry program for industrial postdoctoral researchers, designed to provide you with an academic focus in a commercial environment. With the resources, reach, and expertise of a large pharmaceutical company, postdoctoral researchers will be positioned to excel in an institution committed to breakthrough innovation in research and discovery.
As a postdoctoral fellow in Discovery Oncology, you will work with a highly collaborative team of scientists from the immunological research group based in MRL-SSF, California. The primary role of this position is to design and execute experiments to better understand the molecular and cellular mechanism of responsiveness and resistance to cancer immunotherapies, which will result in high quality publications and can potentially lead to novel therapies for cancer treatments. Research emphasis will be on investigation of cellular and metabolic interactions between tumor and immune system (such as T cells and myeloid cells) within the tumor microenvironments in vivo.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Employing complex in vivo disease model systems to address specific question related to the pathogenesis of cancer and the mechanism of immune responses to it.
- Using cellular and molecular biology to implement in vitro and ex vivo techniques to dissect the in vivo observations
Education Minimum Requirement:
- A PhD with less than (3) years of postdoctoral experience OR graduating with a PhD by summer of 2019.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Sound knowledge, understanding, and experience in innate and adaptive immunity.
- Good knowledge and understanding in cellular metabolism
- Direct experience and proficiency in mouse handling
- Experience in immune cell isolation and characterization using multi-color flow cytometry
- Must be an independent, pro-active, and self-motivated scientist
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in mouse syngeneic or/and spontaneous tumor models
- Experience in biochemical/bioanalytical analyses on immunological and cellular metabolism pathways, such as Seahorse assay, ELISA, ELISPOT, Luminex, MSD and Western blot
- Basic understanding in bioinformatics and single-cell analyses
- Experience in immuno-oncology, inflammation, or/and chronic infection of pathogens
- Strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Post-Doctoral Fellow
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto