Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
Sema4 is seeking a Precision Oncology Account Specialist to drive incremental sales revenue and surface opportunities for broader partnerships including, clinical trial recruitment, informatics, and research within assigned accounts. In this role, you will be responsible for growing laboratory sales revenue across Sema4's oncology precision testing portfolio while supporting the broader national oncology sales and business development teams across the entire oncology testing portfolio in accordance with approved sales and marketing strategies. You will advocate the clinical value of our oncology solutions and represent our approach to provider service and patient care to all levels and call points in the hospital, specialty clinic, and physician's office including MDs, nurses, genetic counselors, and laboratory staff.
The ideal candidate has deep expertise in Oncology Genetic testing and has spent years cultivating relationships with Oncologists, Urologists' Radiation Oncologists and Pathologists across community practices, hospitals, and health systems. The ideal candidate must be passionate about transforming the way patients access and providers deliver innovative oncology care and believe in the broader Sema4 mission to unlock data and insight to enable meaningful improvements in care.
- Responsible for establishing and demonstrating a deep product category and disease-state expertise through learning, gaining clinical knowledge, building scientific and technical.
- Development of new sales pipeline to maximize revenue for assigned accounts, both existing and new tests by partnering to identify highest potential opportunities within geography
- Achieve pre-established product sales goals through the utilization of approved product and promotional materials and educational initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to broaden customer relationships beyond testing and surface those to the broader team
- Recognizes relationships between large organizations, accounts and key societies and leverages existing relationships to influence others to achieve longer term business goals
- Communicate the features and benefits of our products to assigned customers. Leads and demonstrates advanced selling skills for internal partners
- Anticipates future obstacles and opportunities and takes steps to address them
- Be engaged in, and contribute to, scheduled business planning meetings, sales pipeline meetings, sales training events, and other company meetings as requested.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Networks with key societies and organizations to achieve long term business goals
- Collaborative spirit with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Successfully complete all required training programs in a timely manner.
- BSc/BA preferably in a scientific space
- 5+ years in hospital and physician sales; specific expertise in oncology/genetic testing (i.e., hematology/oncology, urology, gynecology/oncology) preferred.
- Experience selling into the oncologist and pathologist call points, including clinical workflow for each
- Must possess a thorough understanding and work experience of oncology/genetic testing.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical clinical information clearly and effectively.
- Proven track record that demonstrates top sales accomplishments.
- Working knowledge of a consultative sales / solution-selling methodology
- Exceptional computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Prior experience using sales data/call reporting software is desired (i.e., Salesforce.com).
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability, and maturity
- Demonstrates effective time management techniques to achieve sales target goals in the assigned territory; manage educational programs to support approved sales activities.
- Thinks and acts in a solutions-oriented manner while probing healthcare practitioners and answering their questions to position our products to the specific customer's needs.
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of clinical pathways and past pathway implementation preferred