Requisition ID: USW002197
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Individual should have experience with and be able to test, reset and repair basic spring-loaded industrial pressure relief (pop) valves; as well as assisting in the tear-down and inspection of more complex devices. Be able to complete the proper valve test/repair documentation, as defined by the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors, including an understanding of Valve Test Reporting systems and procedures. You must be able to identify and use manufacturers valve specification manuals. This position requires a basic understanding of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and American Petroleum Institute (API) Codes and manuals. Understand and verify test gauge calibration methods, procedures and testing components.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform field work and must demonstrate proficient performance of all valve repair procedures.
- Ability to decipher P&ID's, manufacture repair manuals
- Knowledge of ASME, NBIC and API codes
- Comply with company's Quality Control Manual
- Adhere to company safety policies (Job Safety Analysis, Critical Job Reviews, safety observation, etc.) and procedures.
- Complete all paperwork and reports in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with operation of trucks, forklifts, cranes and high lift equipment.
- Able to work at heights
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associates degree or technical school degree required in instrumentation or mechanical discipline
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a position requiring mechanical aptitude and the ability to apply basic mechanical / or instrumentation / or physical concepts
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience conducting valve repair, testing, reconditioning, or modification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with computerized maintenance management system preferred (MAXIMO, SAP)
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: USW, LOCAL 10-580
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Bloomsburg
Nearest Secondary Market: Allentown