IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
The IQVIA Real-World Insights (RWI) team in Frankfurt (belonging to the global Real-World & Analytics Solutions Business Unit) is a highly successful and fast-growing team of professionals that works with clients to help them use complex, healthcare datasets to answer their specific research- or commercial questions, make more informed decisions, and deliver results.
We are strategic thinkers, deep subject matter experts and data evangelists whom are passionate about driving better performance in healthcare. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and constantly looking for opportunities to harness the value of Real-World Evidence (RWE) in a constantly evolving industry. Plus, we have the resource and structure of a large company in an environment where we empower our people to create their own solutions.
Specifically, you will be working in the RWI Commercial Team, joining a team of highly qualified consultants and data scientists, serving all major pharmaceutical companies.
As a Principal you will be able to develop business and implement innovative solutions with our clients. Innovation is at the very core of IQVIA and this specific role. Your success will be defined on how you work with the team to bring new concepts and products to the market. You will primarily be responsible for engaging headquarters clients to develop custom, innovative solutions and leveraging latest innovation in technology and data science.
The role is based in Frankfurt, paired with travel as the business needs require.
Strategy setting and market building
- Take a leadership role in implementing our business vision and objectives and supporting the strategic development of the business.
- Identify new opportunities to address market needs for data science services.
- Identify and frame partnership and other partnership/acquisition opportunities.
- Build and maintain external stakeholder relationships to promote IQVIA market positioning, access to data and relationships with key influencing groups.
Business Development, client leadership and project delivery
- Consult with customers to fully understand their needs, develop high quality proposals to address these needs and lead project delivery.
- Engage senior leaders at key accounts to drive overall RWI service growth opportunities.
- Lead teams of RWI professionals in the design, development and delivery of complex RWI projects to a high standard which meet or exceed client expectations.
- Engage closely and supervise cross-functional IQVIA teams to ensure the full complement of IQVIA capabilities and solutions reach our clients.
- Develop new business to contribute to IQVIA's ambitious growth targets.
Capabilities building and people leadership
- Responsibility for coaching, mentoring and the development of more junior employees.
- Prospectively, also line-management of junior teams.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Science, Mathematics or Medicine, MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in strategy consulting or pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Leadership experience in Pharmaceuticals/ healthcare with focus on data, technology and analytics including working with senior clients.
- Deep understanding of the healthcare, health technology and pharmaceutical industry.
- Understanding of and interest in the international healthcare environment.
- Work experience in international environments (outside your home country).
- Managing teams to deliver client work to high quality and standards.
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools, techniques.
- Proven ability to advance ambiguous or conceptual ideas and engage multiple stakeholders, internal and clients, to decision points.
- A track record of thought leadership, publications and public speaking.
- Leadership experience in complex organizations with demonstrated results in aligning people without formal reporting relationships.
- Good understanding of the types of analyses conducted in healthcare databases.
- Word and PowerPoint competent, paired with the ability to develop clear storylines and business cases.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills. Values people's opinions and encourages knowledge sharing.
- High level of energy, drive and enthusiasm.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1061941