IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Principal, Consulting Services (Sales & Marketing)
- Works directly with pharmaceutical manufacturer clients to provide value added input, to develop business opportunities and to deliver projects built around strategic issues.
- Has responsibility for ensuring delivery of high levels of client satisfaction.
- Typically works within a specific practice area (i.e. sales force design, marketing, analytics, new commercial models) or region but may have responsibility across multiple practice areas and/or clients.
- Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets
- Seeks out and identifies new revenue opportunities at existing and potential clients.
- Ensures a continuous flow of business from client engagements.
- Primary owner of client engagements with ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and delivering high levels of quality/added value.
- Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets by developing and delivering insightful, value-added solutions that address complex client issues.
- Responsible for significant and tangible client impact from all engagements.
- Takes lead role in proposal development to ensure actionable, on-target and timely proposals are provided to clients.
- Manages client interface and ensures project team achieves efficient and effective project delivery.
- Serves as a solutions-based expert, internally and externally, by applying consultative problem-solving skills.
- Identifies issues of importance to the industry/clients and works with Practice Leaders and/or Geographic Principals to develop tangible and commercial offerings.
- Contributes to the enhanced awareness of IQVIA Consulting in the market place, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, publications etc.
- Proactively continues to strengthen subject matter expertise through on the job experience, participation in conferences and symposiums and other forums for professional knowledge sharing.
- Proactively mentors, coaches and shares subject matter expertise with others to elevate our capabilities to deliver world class solutions for clients.
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Bachelors Degree with at least 10 years experience in the pharmaceutical or consulting industry. Masters degree preferred.
- In depth and long-standing relationships with client companies, especially at a senior level.
- Requires deep expertise in at least one practice along with knowledge of all other practices.
- Possesses exemplary business development skills.
- Has broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry.
- In-depth understanding of the prescription and patient data assets available in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Works collaboratively with others across the organization to accomplish team goals.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamental processes of business, their interaction and the impact of external/internal influences on decision making, growth and decline.
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools and techniques, related to functional area.
- Knowledge and understanding of the marketplace and professional/trade associations key people and companies.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning and change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Values people's opinions and encourages knowledge sharing. High level of energy, drive and enthusiasm.
- Able to manage complex relationships and juggle priorities. Ability to profitably price engagements.
- Has excellent client relationship and influencing skills.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1058264