We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
The Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism (PPDM) function in South San Francisco is seeking a dynamic and collaborative scientist for the Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion (ADME) group. The Principal Scientist will be a member of the function providing expertise as a key component of the multi-disciplinary drug discovery effort in South San Francisco, with a focus on supporting preclinical development of therapeutics of various modalities through integrated understanding of drug disposition and pharmacology. Therapeutic areas may include immunology and oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and ophthalmology.
The responsibilities of the Principal Scientist will be to work within teams of highly collaborative scientists to contribute to the design, implementation, and analysis of in vitro and in vivo studies to understand the impact of disease biology and pharmacologic response on drug disposition. The candidate should be an experienced industrial scientist with a track record of designing and implementing appropriate assays and strategy to support the discovery and development of biologics, vaccines, and other modalities. The Principal Scientist should be able to independently forecast potential program derailers in regard to overall drug disposition and implement the appropriate PPDM strategy to derisk potential liabilities to ensure efficient program progression and/or decision making. The candidate should be well versed in immunology and up to date with current state of the art analytical techniques for quantitation and characterization of immunologic response and drug disposition. The Principal Scientist must be able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and have excellent scientific, interpersonal and communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have an in depth understanding of ADME and pharmacokinetic principles that impact the disposition and response of immunologic therapies. Experience with various drug modalities across therapeutic areas desired. The candidate should have have experience with Phoenix, Berkeley Madonna, Watson, MATLAB or similar software.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- PhD. in Immunology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology, Computational Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, or related field.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 8 + years of combined industry and/or postdoctoral experience in relevant field with focus on immunologic response and drug disposition.
- Demonstrated experience leading ADME/PK/BA support of discovery or development programs in the biologics and vaccine (oncology) space.
- Experienced in development and implementation of analytical assays for the quantitation and characterization of immunologic response.
- Experienced in integrating preclinical ADME, PK, and pharmacology for establishing exposure-response relationships and enabling PK/PD modeling efforts to guide engineering and set anticipated therapeutic profile boundaries.
- Contribution (strategy and results) to preclinical data package to enable implementation of appropriate trasltional strategies for lead candidate selection and FIH dose projections.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with discovery support of small molecules and other therapeutic modalities.
- Experience with preclinical development of protein therapeutics
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: