The Principal Solutions Architect role within the Analytics Center of Excellence (ACOE) is responsible for the conceptualization, development, and implementation of platform and product architecture in alignment with our business strategy. This individual contributor role provides expert technology consultation and creative problem solving to bridge between strategic and tactical considerations.
Leveraging a combination of strong business and technical acumen, this role will work cross functionally and collaboratively to understand business needs, devise appropriate solution architecture, and implement technology solutions. This role will oversee the improvement of the architectural landscape of the ACOE portfolio by creating an ecosystem of efficient, scalable, and robust solutions. A continuous learning mentality is essential in order to successfully deal with the variety of challenges.
This role will work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders, product management, engineering, and data science team members on platform and product ideation and development. While this is not a hands-on engineering role, a strong engineering foundation and technical skillset is critical for success. This role will work in lockstep with product management to evaluate potential solution paths as well as supporting technical architects and engineers throughout the software development life cycle.
The ideal candidate is an experienced solutions architect with a strong engineering background who has held roles at multiple organizations. We seek individuals who have experience working in large organizations while maintaining a passion for agility and creativity. This role is a great opportunity for an accomplished solutions architect to create revolutionary technology to improve clinical R&D.
* Conceptualize, develop, and guide implementation of solutions architectures in alignment with business objectives
* Collaborate with stakeholders, product management, and engineering to formulate and compare solution alternatives across business and technical considerations
* Work with technical architects and engineering team members to iteratively develop and deliver robust and scalable solutions
* Contribute to the development and application of ACOE software and architectural standards in collaboration with the engineering team
* Stay apprised of enterprise architecture standards and represent ACOE on enterprise matters
* Research current and emerging tools, techniques, and technologies to stay apprised of industry best practices for product and platform architectures
* Proactively identify and propose solutions for business-impacting technical challenges
Our ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related STEM field
* Twelve (12) years of software product development and delivery, with at least seven (7) years focused on solution architecture design, evaluation, and implementation
* Experience in a senior individual contributor technical role such as senior engineer, staff engineer, or principal engineer
* Working knowledge of software engineering practices across full software development life cycle (SDLC), including rapid prototyping, iterative development, continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD), cloud architecture and release management
* Ability to learn and understand the enterprise and portfolio level architectures and contribute to the evolution in a performant, scalable fashion
* Ability to work in close collaboration with product management and engineering to support strategic and tactical planning of solutions
* Ability to synthesize business and technical requirements in a cohesive manner
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working in a collaborative Agile environment
These additional preferred qualifications will strengthen a candidate's application:
* Prior experience as a product manager
* Prior experience building, testing, and deploying machine learning models
* Prior experience building systems involving regulated data
* Prior experience in a medium to large consulting organization
* Prior experience with containerization and container orchestration
* Awareness of infosec compliance factors in software development
* Knowledge of clinical domain and relevant compliance requirements
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.