IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Market Access Strategy Consulting - Principal
Location: Boston, MA
The Market Access Strategy Consulting team within IQVIA is an exciting and dynamic consulting practice where you can start or continue your career in healthcare consulting. As a new hire you will be provided on-the-job training that will allow you to develop the analytic skills and business acumen necessary to be successful on client engagements. In addition, our mentor program pairs all new hires with an experienced colleague to help you navigate your first year at IQVIA.
Our consulting practice is focused on commercial issues in the U.S. pharmaceutical industry, providing strategic analyses to senior leaders at top U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturers. Our clients rely on our knowledge, experience, and aptitude for problem-solving to optimize strategies across their organizations. Our ability to leverage and manipulate big data, coupled with our in-depth understanding of a constantly evolving U.S. healthcare system, puts us in a unique position to deliver high-quality insights that address a variety of client needs.
IQVIA possesses the largest and most comprehensive set of healthcare data assets in the world. From our position atop this wealth of information, we seek to deliver unparalleled insights and analysis to our clients. We are seeking the best, brightest, and most analytically motivated individuals to join our team and consult in a team-oriented atmosphere.
The Principal works directly with clients to provide strategic insight and solutions to help clients address their most challenging problems.
- Meets or exceeds assigned revenue targets by developing and delivering insightful, value-added proposals that address complex client issues
- Develops and/or elevates new business opportunities through the identification of follow-on work and new leads
- Seeks out and identifying new revenue opportunities at existing and potential clients
- Leads proposal development to ensure actionable, on-target and timely proposals are provided to clients
- Provides follow-up with client after project deliverable have been completed to ensure client satisfaction
- Remains current on industry, client and competitive trends and directions in order to anticipate and identify new business challenges and issues at assigned clients
- Contributes to enhanced firm awareness in the marketplace, e.g. through speaking engagements, client meetings, publications
- Participates in annual performance review processes for their project teams
- Engages in recruitment and selection of new staff
- Mentors, coaches and shares subject matter expertise with others to help develop individuals and our capabilities to deliver world-class solutions for clients
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
Strong academic track record including minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred (further personal/industry qualifications are valued but are not essential); at least 8 + professional experience in consulting, pharmaceutical and healthcare industry with evidence of career progression
- Demonstrable experience in and commitment to the life sciences and/or healthcare industries
- A track record of management, leadership and people development
- A willingness and ability to travel to client locations as needed
Total Rewards: We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1102066