IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Real World Solutions, Enterprise Solutions Team
In our Real World Solutions Enterprise Solutions team, we design and deliver innovative, technology-enabled evidence programs for the pharmaceutical industry. We apply scientific rigor and advanced analytics to real world data in order to help our clients improve population health. This entrepreneurial team works globally, partnering with regional colleagues throughout the enterprise to diagnose critical business issues and deliver evidence-based solutions.
We are strategic thinkers, innovative technologists, deep subject matter experts and data evangelists whom are passionate about driving better performance in healthcare. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and disruptive. Plus, we have the resource and structure of a large company in an environment where we empower our people to create their own solutions.
Our work can be complex and difficult but that is often the case when you are doing work that no one has done before. We also do not have a templated approach to our work, so we require people who can innovate with their practice as well as their solutions. If you have the right levels of intellectual curiosity and a passion to discover the real impact of medicines in the real world, then you'll fit right in.
As a Principal you will be able to develop business and implement innovative RWE/RWD solutions with clients. You will also develop and execute against our internal investment plan for next generation Real-World Insights (RWI).
Innovation is at the very core of US and this role. Your success will be defined on how you work with the team to bring new concepts and products to the market. You will also be responsible for engaging headquarters clients to develop custom RWI, developing innovative product offerings and leveraging latest innovation in technology to develop value added solutions.
Strategy setting and market building
- Take a leadership role in implementing US business vision and objectives and supporting the strategic development of the business
- Identify new opportunities to address market needs for health informatics products and platforms
- Identify and frame partnership and other partnership/acquisition opportunities
- Build and maintain external stakeholder relationships to promote IQVIA market positioning, access to data and relationships with key influencing groups
- Offerings innovation
- Assume principal responsibility for the delivery of product development through direct oversight and by ensuring content experts are in-place and on-track
- Oversee the development of product development plans to ensure successful completion, on-time and on-budget
- Contribute to the development of the IQVIA thought leadership and innovation agenda
Client leadership and project delivery
- Consult with customers to fully understand their needs, develop high quality proposals to address these needs and lead project delivery
- Engage senior leaders at key accounts to drive overall US service growth opportunities
- Lead teams of US professionals in the design, development and delivery of complex RWI products to a high standard which meet or exceed client expectations
- Engage closely and supervise cross-functional IQVIA teams to ensure the full complement of IQVIA capabilities and solutions reach customers
Capabilities building and people leadership
- Expand capabilities and capacity in patient data assets and networks, healthcare intelligence tools and commercial and scientific services
- Responsibility for line management, coaching, mentoring and the development of more junior employees as well as participating in recruitment activities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Leadership experience in Healthcare with focus on data, technology and analytics including working with senior clients
- Managing teams to deliver client work to high quality and standards
- Experience in product development, from initial concept development, market sizing through to product delivery plans
- Track record of driving HQ/global and regional deals, aligned with suitable offerings development experience
- Proven ability to advance ambiguous or conceptual ideas and engage multiple stakeholders, internal and clients, to decision points
- A track record of thought leadership, publications and public speaking
- Offerings development experience - familiarity with accepted innovations models e.g. open innovation, ideation, product platforming, immersion or similar would be beneficial
- Leadership experience in complex organizations with demonstrated results in aligning people without formal reporting relationships
- Good understanding of the types of analyses conducted in healthcare databases
- Overall understanding of different technology domains (infrastructure, architecture, analytics applications) and experience of managing technology programs
- Word and PowerPoint competent, the ability to develop clear storylines and business cases.
- Knowledge of consulting methods, tools, techniques
- Deep commercial awareness of the healthcare, health technology and pharmaceutical industry, gained through experience
- Understanding of and interest in the domestic and international healthcare environment, with direct experience in multiple countries beneficial
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining as a Principal will have:
- BA/BSc from a top university, preferably in a relevant subject such as economics, life sciences, chemistry, engineering, or similar discipline.
- MBA, MSc, PhD or advanced degree highly preferred.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.