About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 95 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
Help us bring quality to life. We are currently seeking top talent for our new OFP tableting facility located in Durham, NC.
This postion can be hired as a level I or II commensurate with experience.
Improve/develop systems & equipment for the core processes to meet all customer, business & regulatory requirements through the following activities:
- People Focus
- Process Focus
- Equipment Focus
- Standards “Gatekeeper”
- Coach & mentor peers as well as Shopfloor personnel
- Support technical development of Shopfloor personnel
- Employ advanced cLEAN® tools within the main areas of problem solving, project & change management
- Lead cross-functional process improvements
- Develop plans to improve the performance of a process or set of systems, using green belt concepts
- Develop & manage project budget for improvements for a process or set of systems
- Support event response activities
- Support implementation of better practices & participate in sharing knowledge across all OFP sites for improvement projects
- Maintain & establish standards for procedures & maintenance plans
- Support global OFP collaboration initiatives
- Additional accountabilities, as required
BA/BS in engineering/related field or an equivalent combination of experience & education.
- Minimum of three (3) years of engineering experience in maintenance, design, process improvement, or Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in the following systems: Instrument & Electrical, Mechanical, Control/SCADA/PLCs, Process Improvement Methodologies, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) & Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Proven expertise in planning/organization/execution of maintenance activities, following up on results, & revising the work plan for complex problems being resolved by cross functional teams
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Routinely operates & inspects manufacturing equipment using hands
- Ability to be on feet for up to a 12-hour shift
- Corrected vision to 20/30
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service equipment & can work atop elevated positions
- Occasionally works around odorous and/or hazardous materials
- May be required to wear latex gloves
- Able to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- May be required to work for short periods of time with respiratory protection
- Able to travel internationally, up to 25% of the time
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.