Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
The Product and Platform Architecture team drives the future of the enterprise through development and advocacy of standards, principles, and solution architectures supportive of the IQVIA business strategy. Working independently with minimal supervision, developing architecture strategies and reusable frameworks for integrating strategic technology solutions in BioPharma and Healthcare based on state of the art application and data technologies and methods. The Product and Platform Architect requires experience in multiple technology domains, including but not necessarily limited to data architecture, enterprise integration, hybrid and multi-cloud architecture, platform and software as a service architecture, and business architecture.
- Develop technology strategy, future state architecture, and roadmap for application and data integration solutions.
- Serve as technical expert across multiple application and platform projects.
- Understand clinical trial and healthcare industry.
- Support development of business drivers, business case and high level program implementation plan.
- Translate business architectures into integrated technical solution architectures.
- Partner and collaborate with Product Managers to identify and collect detailed technical requirements.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and create implementable solutions
- Thoroughly document solution architecture using standard architecture models and deliverables.
- Apply advanced thinking to solve challenging regulatory compliance requirements.
- Gain approval on proposed data standards.
- Collaborate with line of business product and platform development teams.
- Provide long term evaluations of systems, company wide.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Five or more years of progressive experience in computer system support, design and engineering in a large distributed computing environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a closely related field; MS degree preferred.
- Expert level experience designing solutions using advanced patterns such as microservices, service-oriented architecture, web services (SOAP and REST), API management, messaging systems, and event-driven architectures.
- Hands on programming expertise with multiple programming languages. Understand tradeoffs between programming paradigms such as object oriented versus functional programming styles.
- Knowledge of container technologies and strategies using containerization of runtime resources.
- Hands on Cloud experience with leading vendors of IaaS and PaaS.
- Experience with broad variety of open source technologies and vendors.
- Understanding of healthcare domain and clinical trial research and development.
- Expert level experience with big data and traditional data architectures including: data warehousing, big data, real-time data warehouse, data virtualization, master data management, metadata management, and data transmission/data exchange.
- Expertise in data modeling for big data, relational design, and object oriented design. This includes application for relational databases, NoSQL repositories, full text search engines XML models, business object models, metadata management, taxonomy/ontology development, and enterprise data models.
- Understanding of healthcare domain and clinical trial research and development including industry standard data formats such as EHR, HL7, CDISC, OMOP.
- Knowledge of medical coding and validated terminologies such as MedDRA, SNOMED CT, RxNorm, ICD-9, and ICD-10.
- Experience developing software compliant with regulations of healthcare and clinical trials systems.
- Experience documenting architecture specifications and presenting solutions to gain required buy in.
- Knowledge and experience with multiple software development methodologies.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills to help in his/her interaction with a variety of stakeholders, ranging from developers to executives. Has developed very good facilitation, negotiation, and presentation skills.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1032523