Inspiration, imagination, and innovation. Here at Aerie Pharmaceuticals, we share this passion for finding new approaches to protecting vision. United by great science, deep clinical insight, and a singular focus on your ophthalmic needs, we see the possibilities ahead and invite you to join us in creating the future of eye care.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals seeks qualified candidates for a full-time position in our Marketing department located in Irvine, CA.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Product Manager is responsible for the management and execution of strategic and operational pre-launch and launch plans for Aerie Pharmaceutical’s glaucoma portfolio. He/she will provide input into the positioning, strategy, channel and campaign and KOL development. As a project manager, the Product Manager will provide direction to agencies and vendors. The incumbent is a key member of cross-functional teams that will be developing and executing plans and tactics for market access, physician education and sales training.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of the annual marketing plan for promotion and advertising, sales materials, customer meetings and key congresses and events
- Analyzes market dynamics and competitor strategies
- Partners with market research and attends when appropriate to obtain customer insights that results in new or revised brand strategies and tactics
- Partners with sales organization to determine responsiveness to promotional messages and materials
- Provides the sales organization with the necessary technical and competitive expertise that will enable them to effectively promote the product(s). Delivery may include printed and electronic promotional materials, access to scientific and clinical documents, etc.
- Prepares market models, forecasts and monitors production forecasts and inventory levels to ensure adequate supply and minimize dating issues
- Primary contact for all product related enquiries, working with teams in Medical/Clinical and Regulatory to address any issues that may arise
- Represents the Brand to key customers, thought leaders and professional organizations
- Supports Business Development activities including identification of potential opportunities and marketing assessments as part of due diligence
Key skills/desired experience:
- Fluency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong project planning, management and interpersonal/influencing skills.
- Strong financial analysis skills relating to product forecasting, budget management and developing market models
- Understanding of DDMAC and pharmaceutical compliance in promotion and dealings with medical professionals and ability to consistently perform within those requirements
- Understanding of the concepts behind health economics
- Familiarity with regulatory systems and delivery of glaucoma care in major ex-US markets is a plus
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time to meet with customers, observe market research, conduct meetings or participate in key professional congresses.
Education & Experience
- Four year degree is required; a graduate degree (MBA or advanced scientific degree) is preferred.
- At least five years combined experience in customer-facing pharmaceutical company roles including marketing, sales, medical affairs or market research.
- At least one year as a product manager on a pre-launch or recently launched product
- Experience in glaucoma is strongly preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard physical demands; sitting at desk, working at computer.
Multi floor office buildings with stairs and elevators
Aerie Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.