Requisition ID: PRO018923
The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. With a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products, Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The division is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Product Manager, Infectious Disease (Hospital and Specialty Care Business Unit)
If you are passionate about pharmaceutical marketing and are motivated in changing prescribing/practice behaviours, closing health care gaps and improving patient outcomes by challenging the status quo, thinking strategically, trying new ideas, with determination and perseverance, join Merck's Hospital Acute Care team as the Product Manager, Infectious Disease. The candidates must be able to demonstrate their proven track record in the roles they have occupied, how they met their performance objectives through brilliant ideas and novelty approaches.
Reporting to the Hospital Acute Care, Sales & Marketing Director, the Product Manager (PM) will be primarily responsible to deliver strong marketing plans that drive annual sales and lead to surpass business objectives for Merck's infectious disease products.
The PM will have the opportunity to work on products that are at different life cycles, from launching new products, launching new indications to working on LOE strategies.
The PM will have to work in a complex business environment that is constantly being shaped by competitive activities, government legislation, hospital practices, and technological developments.
The PM will complete his/her tasks in a manner fully consistent with Merck's commitment to its Code of Conduct, Our Values and Standards, policies, procedures, industry standards and all laws and regulations.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be accountable for the creation, preparation, coordination, monitoring and implementation of comprehensive strategic and tactical marketing plans.
- Work with a multi-functional team (Medical Affairs, Market Access, Policy, Sales, Market Research, Digital and others) in developing and coordinating the implementation of brand plans that lead to a change in practice and adoption of the products in the market.
- Liaise with the Global teams to ensure alignment of plans and effort to their strategies.
- Engage customers and external stakeholders; use data to identify actionable insights to transform the customer experience; remain current with customer, competitive and marketplace activity; recommend and develop tactics to respond to threats and opportunities.
- Leverage technology to deliver value
- Support the development, implementation and realization of account plans for top customers/Institutions.
- Plan and develop promotional materials, programs, and activities needed to support brand strategies in order to meet financial goals and expectations.
- Prioritize investments to drive growth; manage expenses within budget.
- Identify and manage outside agencies and consultants to meet expected project objectives and holds them accountable to agree upon standards.
- Inspire a culture that promotes employee engagement and innovation.
- Education: Bachelor degree or higher.
- Experience: Pharmaceutical Sales and marketing experience required; (minimum 2-3 years of marketing experience).
- Experience in Infectious Disease area, specifically in antibiotics and antifungals an asset.
- Knowledge of hospital environment, provincial system, and hospital formulary listing process an asset.
- Proven track record.
- Think and act strategically; problem solving mindset; innovate & lead change.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- High level of business integrity, ownership and shared accountability.
- Proficiency in office technology and related software.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Language: English oral and written (Some level of French).
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. Merck is an equal opportunity employer, proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Product Management/Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck