Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Product Owner, Predictive Analytics- Warsaw
Real-World & Analytics (RWAS) Technology
We are seeking a Product Owner to join our Predictive Analytics (PA) team in Warsaw. You will be key in defining development activities, working closely with our team who are building innovative machine learning solutions in healthcare, addressing some of the most pressing issues in healthcare, such as under-diagnosis of rare diseases and identifying patients at high risk of disease progression.
- Use high-level perspective to define goals and create a vision for development projects, with a focus on outcomes rather than solutions. For example, identify and evaluate custom requirements across multiple projects in order to construct feature requirements that will enable scale.
- Engage in conversations with key stakeholders across the team, including Business Consultants, Data Scientists and Software Engineers to make sure that development goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
- Work with team members who are based in different time zones (predominantly US East coast and East Europe) and occasionally travel to these offices for face-to-face meetings.
- Create and maintain a backlog of development activities to ensure that the products are continually improving. Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on.
- Write user stories from scratch and refine / elaborate those created by other team members.
- Take part in the planning of product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide vision and direction to the development teams and stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle.
- On occasion, help mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of a release or sprint.
Our ideal candidate: Experience
- Substantial Product Owner experience, including working with intelligent solutions and data science teams.
- Considerable experience working in a fast paced, evolving environment.
- Good experience developing or commercializing analytics applications in healthcare and life-science.
- Prior experience in programming languages such as Python, R, C++, Scala, Matlab, and data visualization.
Our ideal candidate: Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand and work through many opinions. Ability to make critical judgement decisions and convey the reasons behind them effectively.
- Excellent organization skills and fluency with tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Good knowledge of software engineering principles such as agile and scrum.
- Familiarity with machine learning methods and classical statistical methods, such as random forests, fitting regression models, and sampling.
- Knowledge of healthcare / life science issues involving Real-World Evidence or experience with patient-level, longitudinal data.
Our Predictive Analytics team is a fast-growing group of collaborative, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals. In our never-ending quest for opportunities to harness the value of Real World Evidence (RWE), we are at the centre of IQVIA's advances in areas such as machine learning and cutting-edge statistical approaches. Our efforts improve retrospective clinical studies, under-diagnosis of rare diseases, personalised treatment response profiles, disease progression predictions, and clinical decision-support tools.
You will join this high-profile team to work on ground-breaking problems in health outcomes across disease areas including Oncology, Neurology, Chronic diseases such as diabetes, and a variety of very rare conditions. The Predictive Analytics team work hand-in-hand with statisticians, epidemiologists and disease area experts across the wider global RWI team, leveraging a vast variety of anonymous patient-level information from sources such as electronic health records. The data encompasses IQVIA's access to over 530 million anonymised patients as well as bespoke, custom partnerships with healthcare providers and payers.
The Business Unit: Real-World & Analytics Solutions (RWAS) Technology
Real-World & Analytics Solutions (RWAS) is a market-leading, fast-growing and highly successful business, focusing on delivering tangible business results to clients across healthcare value chain internationally, working with key decision-makers and business managers. RWAS teams help clients leverage complex clinically rich patient-level healthcare datasets to understand healthcare treatment patterns and outcomes to make more informed decisions, and deliver results.
The RWAS Technology mission is to deliver world class and globally scalable technology platforms and analytics applied to complex and large scale clinical datasets, to support IQVIA's ongoing and rapid growth in Real World Evidence, as well as the development of new product lines - this requires global leadership across technical and data architecture, software development and data visualisation, privacy management, analytical methods, data science, machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing (NLP) - building upon 100s of novel technologies and methods either published in peer reviewed journals or patented by our team.
The solutions are delivered to a variety of clients across life-science, government, payor or provider organisations. RWAS also curates the largest collection of de-identified Real-World Data in the world, from different patient care settings in 18 countries worldwide - the RWES Tech team is at the forefront of "Big Data" in healthcare. Through its mission and skills, the RWAS organisation is transforming the way clients create new insights and deliver improved healthcare research and patient outcomes.
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1079422