About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we are helping to improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our newer Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) facility in Clayton, NC sits on 825,000 square-feet of state-of-the-art equipment, and houses the Fermentation, Recovery and Purification in the production of ingredients for Novo Nordisk’s innovative oral products. At API, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Establish the foundation for a future operational project office, including building the future project portfolio & driving key investment portfolio projects outside the scope of the EPCM contract with an annual budget of approximately USD $30+ million. Position will act as Lead for responsibilities in the PMO group building out our project portfolio that are outside of the Project contract.
- Execute medium & complex level investment projects as rated through the project execution model that are critical to business success. Financial responsibilities to ensure projects are completed on budget
- Oversee the operations of the PMO unit under guidance of senior leadership. Provide direction to project management professionals in the Project Office
- Oversee preparation of executive level meetings such as PPG. Drive executive stakeholder management & the executive level decision making process
- Drive development of project management as a core competency of the unit & across DAPI US
- Support & drive cross functional project coordination activities
- Provide input to PMO candidate selection & mentoring to team members
- Continuous process improvement via cLEAN®
- Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties
- Develop PMO policies, as required
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- MA/MS (science, engineering, or business field is preferred), or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Proven expertise in mentoring/development, change management, planning/organizing, managing execution, & revising the work plan for complex problems solved by cross functional teams
- Minimum of five (5) years of leadership/management/consultancy
- Experience in manufacturing or project management with a preference toward pharmaceutical or other regulated industries
- Knowledge of Novo Nordisk governance & good Novo Nordisk network preferred
- Knowledge of large CAPEX projects with focus on PMO roles an advantage
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 30 pounds within the facility
- Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.