About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 95 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world. Help us bring quality to life. Working at our Diabetes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (DAPI) manufacturing facility you will help meet the growing demand for our treatments. Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes and obesity drugs over the next decade and are currently building a new 825,000 sq. ft diabetes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing “fill and finish” manufacturing facility. Our new $2 billion API facility is expected to be operational in 2020, with 700 full-time employees responsible for the fermentation, recovery and purification of insulin and GLP1 ingredients. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for pharmaceutical manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us build, validate, and run our processes. Here, you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry. Are you ready to make a difference?
Manage all aspects of the Project/Project Team from conception through completion within scope, cost, quality & schedule requirements.
- Responsible for defining overall scope, establishing detailed RFP for obtaining proposals from all required consultants (engineering, construction, cost estimations (IPC costs), equipment vendors, etc.)
- Ability to create detailed business case, & present, to Senior Management within NN & IPG for funding of project
- Effectively organize & manage multi-disciplined project team to ensure successful completion of all project deliverables – including hiring, goal setting, performance management, employee development & engagement
- Manage major milestones, schedules & monthly cost plans through the Clarity & PEM processes
- Provide periodic project status to STC including risks/mitigations, financial updates, short/long term project outlook, etc.
- Responsible for managing project change control to ensure project remains within defined scope, budget & schedule
- Extensive collaboration with other sites within NN to gain best practices & equipment specifications that will transfer to DAPI US
- Responsible for adherence to mechanisms for monitoring project progress, intervention & problem solving with other line managers or personnel
- Assist with any training required of personnel supporting the project
- Ensure all facets of the project lifecycle align with expectations set forth by the STG &/or project owner, such as installation, troubleshooting, qualification & validation of equipment
- Follow all safety & environmental requirements in the performance of duties
- BA/BS in Engineering/Economics/Business Administration
- 9+ years proven project management skills in a manufacturing facility, including:
- Capital Investment Projects with major projects in excess of $10M
- Change Management Projects
- 5-7 years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
- Advanced Project Management competencies obtained through relevant PM training or experience
- Knowledgeable in core work processes & Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) concepts
- Understanding of complicated product documentation & standard operating procedures with attention to high-level concepts
- Demonstrates functional/business understanding as well as superior written & oral communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of project management including the ability to create work plans & detailed project schedules
- Proficient in problem solving, negotiation, conflict management & interpersonal skills
- Ability to act as project lead & lead cross functional project teams in the development & implementation of projects
- Ability to influence others on objectives & projects outcomes
- Basic understanding of contractual documents
- Ability to read/review design drawings (CAD) with a basic understanding of P&ID, HVAC & Electrical systems
- Thorough understanding of technical documents such as URS, SAT, FAT & Validation Protocols
- Proven project management experience with direct management of multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven expertise in mentoring/development, planning/organizing, managing execution & revising the work plan for complex problems
- Initiative & ability to function independently or within a team
- Good judgment in decision making as well as good leadership skills
Physical & Other Requirements
- Ability to work hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 30 pounds within the facility
- Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands
- Novo Nordisk requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by December 8, 2021. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.