Inspiration, imagination, and innovation. Here at Aerie Pharmaceuticals, we share this passion for finding new approaches to protecting vision. United by great science, deep clinical insight, and a singular focus on your ophthalmic needs, we see the possibilities ahead and invite you to join us in creating the future of eye care.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals seeks qualified candidates for a full-time position in our Medical Affairs department located in Irvine, CA. The Publications Manager Medical Affairs is responsible for working in close collaboration with the Director of Medical Affairs to develop and execute a strategic publications plan and external scientific communication efforts in a GPP and compliant manner, of Medical Affairs in support of pre-launch, branded and late – stage products, as well as support the organizational planning and operational needs of the Medical Affairs organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Strategic Development and execution of publication plan and scientific communication for Medical Communications, Publications, Medical Education and Data Generation.
- Support the development of scientifically accurate medical content for congresses, medical booths, advisory boards and field based educational and promotional activities aligned with overall business strategy.
- Develop scientific expertise of disease states, pipeline drug(s) and product(s) to deliver medical education and information representative of first-in-class medicines.
- Conduct training on scientific communications internally through medical affairs including MSLs and cross-functionally to clinical development, Marketing, and Market Access/HEOR.
- Build relationships with KOLs, especially those that are authors.
- Disseminate Scientific Platform to health care providers and patients through high-impact information transfer channels.
- Ensure compliance with current medical publications and information industry standards (e.g. GPP), Trials (e.g. GCP) and best practices in medical communications/information.
- Ensure that all medical communications/publications/information/education is accurate, fair, balanced, non-misleading and written with the utmost scientific integrity.
- Monitor and share findings from monitoring the competitive landscape. Creating and executing actionable insights as needed. Sharing and training Medical Affairs team and cross-functionally, on pertinent information.
- Manage the publications and scientific vendors in conjunction with the Director Medical Affairs
- Submit materials (publications, posters, etc.) and be responsible ushering through the SRC committee for approval.
- Liaise with Clinical and R&D about data and publication opportunities.
- Maintain awareness of global landscape and contribute to Global Strategy through integration of country and regional insights, focusing on content in the publications area.
- Assist in the selection and engagement of publications agency to support execution of the publications plan.
- Facilitate and manage development and approval of publications and trainings.
- Establish relationships with HCPs, KOLs, Investigators, Authors and Editors to build network for information sharing and authoring.
- Provide direction to vendors to ensure execution of medical communications, publications and medical information plans are aligned with objectives and consistent with budget.
- Collaborate with Internal/External Stakeholders via integrated, consistent medical communication, publication and medical information plans to support a best in class launch.
- Liaise with Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Preclinical, Corporate Communications, and Marketing to translate data evidence into medical strategic communication objectives, key messages and activities.
- Attendance at conferences and oversight of planned abstracts, posters, manuscripts, oral presentations through coordinated Publication/Congress Planning in matrix organization.
- Personnel management capabilities including professional development of direct reports.
Key skills/desired experience:
- Proactive individual with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment with high performing colleagues.
- Established ability to interpret and present scientific data in different formats for various audiences.
- Ability to critically appraise medical/scientific literature with attention to the business needs ensuring alignment with the communications and publications plans.
- Sophisticated understanding of Business and Marketing Strategies in the Healthcare Sector.
- Proven experience in Medical Affairs matrix organizations and oversight of contract agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- History of customer engagement with HCPs (Specialty medicine preferred).
- Strong negotiation and strategic influencing skills.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory/compliance regarding medical communications, medical information, promotion, Pharma guidelines and all other relevant industry standards.
- Reflect the highest ethical standards in decision making during day to day activities.
Education & Experience:
A Medical or Scientific Degree (BS, MS, PharmD or PhD) required.
5-8 years of Medical Affairs experience required (Ophthalmic experience preferred).
Experience in publication planning and execution in the pharmaceutical industry required
Advanced understanding of pharmacotherapy and drug development process.
Strong leadership of large high strategic priority projects.
Open/Transparent Communicator with demonstrated project management capabilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard office environment, multi-floor building with stairs and elevator.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.