IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
As an expert software developer, this is a unique opportunity to leverage your skills to build unparalleled in-depth knowledge within our life science projects. You will participate in creating data science applications that improve life of patients through supporting various areas of healthcare like disease detection and drug research.
Working with modern distributed systems, complex data, advanced data science models and challenging requests in agile environment, you will help shape the way our team approaches prototyping and development of data-driven analytics products. This crucial role involves identifying opportunities for better data modelling, abstraction, testing, scaling, internal tooling, and other software development practices that will help our team maximize our efficiency in data science projects. You will have the opportunity to provide technical mentorship to the team, and to set the standards for code quality and software architecture for the projects you work on.
Your typical activities might include:
- Collaborating with data scientists, data engineers and other developers to turn working prototypes into well-abstracted, reusable python modules for iterative development of data science projects.
- Overseeing technical aspects of greenfield projects from concept to completion.
- Digging into a variety of databases to engineer a data pipeline to extract datasets for ML training and predictions.
- Providing technical leadership and assisting the team on execution of technical tasks centered on delivery of analytics models as containerized applications.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements of applications like improving services response time and horizontal scaling
- Comprehensive testing of your own code.
- Production deployments of microservices to k8s cluster through a CI/CD pipeline that you will design and setup.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelors or master's degree in STEM field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Biotechnology.
- Expert familiarity with Python 3 supported by 5+ years of backend programming experience using object-oriented and functional paradigms
- Experience with relational databases and good understanding of SQL
- Experience with non-relational databases like MongoDB and Redis
- Experience designing and implementing Rest API, with frameworks like Flask and Falcon
- Proficient understanding of designing microservices based applications
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Linux proficiency and experience with containerization tools such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in following Scrum best practices
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
We will also apricate if you have some of:
- Experience in putting machine learning models into production
- Familiarity with advanced Python data structures like numpy arrays and pandas
- Familiarity with process of building python packages
- Experience with workflow managers like Airflow, Azkaban or Luigi
- Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem like YARN, Hive, Impala, HDFS.
- Experience working with large volumes of complex data, preferably in distributed frameworks such as Spark
- Experience with deploying code into production through CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience in programming in Scala
- Experience with ELK stack or Kafka
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1077580