An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Q.C. Microbiology Specialist at MSD Biotech. This position will be responsible for qualifying the Microbiology Quality Control lab and the transfer of Microbiological analytical methods including but not limited to cutting edge Rapid Microbiological Methods.
What you will do:
Bring energy, knowledge, innovation and leadership to carry out the following:
· The motivation to be an inspiring member of a high performing team.
- Perform supporting activities for general lab readiness, laboratory equipment qualification and method transfers.
- Perform and carry out a testing of Microbiology testing for in process and drug substance material as required using rapid techniques in compliance with GMP requirements.
- To complete microbiology testing for the QC business unit when required.
- To complete all documentation on time and be familiar with LIMS.
- To train and be trained in the use of Rapid microbiology techniques.
- Follow up-to-date analytical practices with reference to pharmacopoeias, specifications, regulations and industry standards.
- To update SOP’s and write protocols as required.
- Receive and manage samples that come into the lab for stability, in-process and release testing.
- Reagent preparation and routine equipment maintenance.
- Maintain good housekeeping and GLP within the laboratory.
- Calibrate and maintain all designated laboratory instruments.
· Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, etc. and implement and follow-up on corrective / preventative measures
What skills you will need:
In order to excel in this role, you will more than likely have:
· Degree qualification (Science/Quality/Technical).
· 5- 8 years experience
· Preference Lean Six Sigma
· Ability to think logically and be proactive under pressure.
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative in a constructive manner.
· Flexible and self-motivated.
As a company, we are committed to ‘Inventing for Life’ in all that we do. We keep the patient at the very heart of all that we do and strive to find solutions and treatments for some of the world’s most challenging healthcare needs.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment.
So, if you are ready to:
Invent solutions to meet unmet healthcare needs, Impact the future by driving one of the world’s leading healthcare companies, and inspire your team to reach their full potential and push the boundaries of science and technology, please apply today.