Our Quality Assurance group ensures every single material inside our products is manufactured, processed, tested, packaged, stored and distributed aligned with our incredibly high standards of quality and meets all regulatory requirements. Partnering across our internal manufacturing facilities, external contract manufacturers and suppliers we create an interdependent global manufacturing network dedicated to deliver a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform routine basic and mid-level laboratory procedures with minimal guidance for the testing of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company imposed guidelines.
- Receipt/coordination/distribution of incoming lab testing materials including all test samples.
- Prepare shipment of test samples to other sites under strict shipment conditions and requirements.
- Perform moderately complex laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Perform routine quality control procedures including titrations, bacterial counts and observations, and ELISA testing.
- This position requires an understanding of the principles underlying the testing procedures used in the areas of assignment. In addition, a basic understanding of the material being evaluated (virus, bacteria, cell line) is also required.
- Enter test results in the appropriate tracking system and/or SAP. Cross-check wet records with information in the tracking system and evaluate test dispositions (satisfactory, unsatisfactory, inconclusive, no test). Report to QC Management all unusual, non-routine occurrences when performing tasks. This includes completing the necessary documentation.
- Prepare and qualify test reagents/supplies/solutions/media.
- Participate in the creation/revision of SOPs/test methods/test worksheets for testing performed in the area(s) of assignment.
- With limited guidance, trouble-shoot basic and mid-level test methods.
- Perform laboratory cleaning of equipment and lab surfaces.
- Peer record review.
- Participate in other special projects or activities as assigned by management.
Monday- Friday 7:30 AM -4:00 PM
Education minimum requirement:
- Bachelor degree in a related field with no experience, an Associate degree in a related field with 2 or more years of experience, high school diploma or equivalent with at least five years relevant experience in a related field.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
U.S. Hybrid Work Model
Effective September 5,2023 our U.S. Hybrid work model will be as follows: 1. Three total days on site per week: Tuesday and Wednesday - plus one additional day of choice based on what works best for organizations and/or teams. 2. Fridays will formally be a remote-working day unless business critical tasks require onsite presence.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License: