About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 95 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world. Help us bring quality to life. Our filling and finishing facility (DFP) is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" manufacturing facility located in Clayton, NC and employs more than 850 people. The facility is part of a global network of manufacturing sites responsible for several key steps in the diabetes treatment manufacturing process, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging. Producing medicines is a special responsibility. Our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing that their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. Are you ready to make a difference?
Performs environmental monitoring of the aseptic area, which includes collecting facility air, surface, personnel monitoring & water samples in support of facility environmental procedures & in accordance with Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), NNPILP & corporate policies.
- Maintain classified production areas by performing routine environmental monitoring
- Support production with non-routine sampling
- Provide oversight of contract sanitization group
- Utilize PEMS system to create labels, collect & submit EM samples
- Operate air samplers to perform viable & non-viable air monitoring
- Collect water samples
- Take gowning certification samples
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent
AAS degree in related field and Bio Works graduate
Minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing industry, Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulated preferred
Ability to read, write & understand complicated product documentation & standard operating procedures with attention to detail. Computer literacy.
Proven expertise in planning/organizing, managing execution, checking results & revising the work plan in accordance with the daily work plan.
Physical and other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment
- Ability to attain clean room gowning certification & work with hazardous materials, including sanitants
- Frequent bending, stooping & prolonged working overhead. Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to take samples
- Able to do close precision work with hands
- Ability to work hours necessary to support production
- Ability to stand on feet up to 12 hours or longer. Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Corrected vision to 20/30 & ability to see all colors
- Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.