Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
The job holder is assigned to Delivery Unit(s), country/countries, sponsor(s), business line(s) and/or specific tasks as defined by the QM's Line Manager (LM). The purpose of the job is to carry out and adopt the Global Quality Plan according to the specific needs defined by the scope of assignment, to assist the assigned business line staff in improving compliance with relevant ICH-GCP, SOPs, applicable regulatory requirements and guidelines. Contribute to the development and be responsible for the implementation of specific quality improvement initiatives as agreed with the Heads of Quality Management and the relevant Head(s) of assigned business line. Provide advice and support to relevant key stakeholders with regards to quality control, risk assessment, risk management and corrective/preventive actions.
• Adopt and implement the Global Quality Management Plan within the scope of the assignment; this will include:
o planning and executing the Quality Management activities;
o risk identification and assessment through data review and quality control processes either remote or on site;
o providing support in risk mitigation, in planning corrective/preventive actions and guidance for improvement;
o supporting the assigned business line management and staff to enhance effectiveness of Site Visits conducted by them.
• Cooperate closely with the relevant Heads of business and other stakeholders, support maintaining focus on quality in project delivery. Contribute to the development and implementation of a Regional/Delivery Unit/Sponsor specific Quality Management Plan and Risk Management Program, monitor the implementation and delivery.
• Provide advice and support to operational teams within the assigned business line, including Clinical Research Associates, Line/Site Network Managers, Resource Managers and other key stakeholders on all aspects of GCP compliance.
• Work in close cooperation with operational teams to manage non-compliance, quality issues; assist in planning corrective/preventive actions, as applicable according to SOPs.
• Inform Heads of Quality Management, Heads of the assigned business line and Quality Assurance of quality issues according to SOPs.
• Work closely with Quality Assurance and assigned business staff in case of suspected misconduct; as required by the applicable SOPs.
• May provide assistance during audits and regulatory inspections to the operational teams to the extent agreed with the Head of QM and as required by the applicable SOPs.
• Act as the primary contact for Quality Assurance on clinical quality matters - on the level of the assignment -, attend meetings/teleconferences.
• Prepare periodic reports to Heads of Quality Management and to stakeholders on quality related matters, risk assessments and specific quality improvement initiatives.
• Upon agreement with the Head of Quality/Operational Management :
o May serve as Line Manager of Quality Specialist (QS), Sr QS and/or QM
o May serve as Lead QM for a project or program
o Perform any other reasonable tasks as required by the role.
• If job holder is delegated as Line Manager:
o Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
Core Clinical only
• May assume a customer (site or sponsor) facing role to the extent required by the assignment and applicable SOPs.
• Assigned to sponsor, assume customer (site and sponsor) facing role to the extent required by the assignment and applicable SOPs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Sound working knowledge of medical terminology, clinical monitoring procedures (SOPs), ICH-GCP, applicable regulatory requirements, quality management processes
• Knowledge of National and International Regulations and Drug Development processes
• Knowledge of CRO or Pharmaceutical industry operations
• Knowledge of Quintiles corporate standards and SOPs
• Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Good judgement and decision-making skills
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) applications
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to travel within the region/country
• Ability to lead and motivate a clinical team
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients/customers
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in life sciences or equivalent nursing qualification with a minimum of 7 years' experience in Clinical Monitoring including at least 2 years' experience in a role equivalent to a Clinical Project Manager/Clinical Team Lead preferably within Quintiles; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Fluent in English.
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
• Regular travel
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1062747