QOL Medical is a privately owned, patient-centric company founded in 2003 to focus on the acquisition and commercialization of orphan products in underserved markets, particularly in the field of gastroenterology. QOL Medical ensures an expanded clinical awareness and patient access for improved quality of life in the treatment of rare and orphan diseases. The Company currently markets two FDA-approved products: Sucraid® (sacrosidase) Oral Solution and Ethamolin® (Ethanolamine Oleate) Injection, 5%.
This position manages the sales efforts for promoted products within a sales territory, primarily calling on pediatric and adult gastroenterologists in private practice and in hospital settings. In this role the representative will cultivate new and existing business relationships and must be able to understand and disseminate highly technical information to assist in addressing customer educational, product, technical and clinical needs/questions. The representative will successfully complete all company training classes and maintain current knowledge of QOL products and protocols as well as various GI disease states, treatment approaches, and therapies. The representative will conduct him/herself in a manner that is professional, ethical and consistent with legal and regulatory guidelines. This position reports to a Regional Sales Manager. Weekend and overnight travel is required.
- Works with Regional Sales Manager to develop a territory-specific business plan to include strategies and tactics aimed at increasing disease-state awareness, implementing diagnostic approaches, identifying and pursuing business opportunities, and meeting sales goals
- Assists to identify, develop, and manage commercial relationships with key opinion leaders and healthcare professionals within assigned territory
- Protects and expands current business while adding new business
- Responsible for full lifecycle sales process
- Prepares and conducts sales presentations for healthcare professionals and staff
- Utilizes all available resources to support selling efforts
- Keeps accurate records and documentation including a computer database recording sales activity
- Adheres to all administrative processes in a timely manner
- Communicates consistently with teammates and customers
- Attends local, society and industry tradeshows
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated and documented sales success
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of three years specialty sales experience in pharmaceutical, preferably in gastroenterology or Patient Advocacy Role with professional license
- Tertiary Center experience a plus
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is a full-time position, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm, although frequent work outside these hours is typical.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups of people including managers, fellow employees and customers, both internal and external.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QOL Medical is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.