The Regional Account Manager's (RAM primary responsibilities are to secure and maintain profitable coverage (reimbursement) and access for Amarin Pharma Inc. products within assigned accounts. They will build and lead successful pull through campaigns in collaboration with Regional Sales Teams to maximize the impact of the coverage and access. Coverage and access goals will be achieved through contracting where necessary and non-contracting opportunities where possible, including successful pull-through of National contracts at the Regional client level. The RAM will assess and diagnose the current business environment in each key account to gain and maintain targeted formulary access for Vascepa with profitable terms, as well as maximize the pull through of the access.
- Leverage strong account management experience and strategic account planning to effectively penetrate accounts, develop an understanding of their needs, and negotiate and maintain profitable access for Amarin Pharma Inc. products.
- Primary customers include Regional MCOs, PBMs, IDNs, ACOS, Medical groups, and Health Systems.
- Utilize strong business acumen, comprehensive account and industry knowledge, and financial modeling to develop compelling proposals and negotiations strategies, as needed.
- Work closely with National Account team and Medical Affairs team to demonstrate the clinical and economic value of Amarin Pharma Inc. products to Regional MCOs, PBMs, ACOs, IDNs and Health Systems.
- Responsible for building effective pull through strategies and providing pull through support for Sales teams that will drive plan performance, ensure contracts meet profitability targets and ultimately meet overall company sales objectives.
- Coordinate ongoing meetings to support sales pull through, messaging, and tools to drive utilization at plans.
- Implements approved plans and monitors plan execution against targets.
- Develops and implements business reviews of key accounts/marketplace on at least a quarterly basis with Area Sales Directors (ASD).
- Serves as a resource in collaboration with ASD, Regional Business Managers (RBM), Sales Professionals when appropriate for accounts within their regions/districts/territories. Provide managed care training and issue resolution as needed.
- Responsible for the successful execution of approved marketing initiatives within compliance.
- Be a student of his/her profession; Participate in key conventions as needed to remain current in an ever changing environment.
- Ensures that all activities within the role of RAM remain in compliance with all corporate, regulatory and legal guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Training: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Skill(s): Strong analytical skills and writing skills; contracting and negotiation. Works as a team player; solid organizational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines. Persuasive and influential with a strong ability to effectively lead without formal authority.
- 8+ Years Pharmaceutical Industry Experience with 3+yrs focused in Managed Care
- Record of success working with a wide variety of Regional and Sub-national Managed Care customers, preferably within target accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with key decision makers in target accounts.
- Contracting and negotiation with MCOs, PBMs, IDNs and Health Systems with experience in cardiovascular or similar therapeutic area.
- Demonstrated business to business sales with prior District Management and/or Account Team Leadership experience.
- Solid track record in developing and implementing effective pull through plans, including analytics and metrics to track success.
- Documented success working collaboratively and effectively with sales teams to execute pull through strategies that drive sales and in-turn, positively influence access decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with sales teams to help them overcome access barriers, including barriers based on UM restrictions and/or patient out-of-pocket costs.
- Proven record of high ethical values and health care compliance
Employee must be able to freely and frequently operate and travel by car and train/plane modes of transportation. This is a field based position with travel greater than 50% which will include overnight and weekend travel. The majority of said travel will be by personal automobile, train and or by airplane. Employee is required to have a valid driver's license, travel documents (such as a passport) and car.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, and cell phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a motor vehicle, sit, stand, and walk up to eight to 12 hours a day. The employee frequently may need to kneel, crouch or lift and/or move up to 25 lbs; occasionally up to 50lbs. The employee must be able to fly via commercial air carrier. They regularly need to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.